• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

WA GPC States

Well done, 470kg total.

Yes thanks, I'm very pleased. It was my best meet by far and I went 9/9 which is the only time I've done that

The only negative thing I can say about the meet was that it was very busy and they only had one bar for warming up with. As such, for squats I warmed up with a double with 60kg and a triple with 100kg then opened. For bench I did a single with 40kg and a double with 60kg and then opened. I don't need a lot of warm-ups personally but there was a lot of stressing among the other lifters that liked a bigger warm-up and liked to work into their equipment more- another rack would have been nice and I would have liked to warm-up with a deadlift bar to get the feel of it as I train with a stiff bar

Yes thanks, I'm very pleased. It was my best meet by far and I went 9/9 which is the only time I've done that

The only negative thing I can say about the meet was that it was very busy and they only had one bar for warming up with. As such, for squats I warmed up with a double with 60kg and a triple with 100kg then opened. For bench I did a single with 40kg and a double with 60kg and then opened. I don't need a lot of warm-ups personally but there was a lot of stressing among the other lifters that liked a bigger warm-up and liked to work into their equipment more- another rack would have been nice and I would have liked to warm-up with a deadlift bar to get the feel of it as I train with a stiff bar
That's strange. There is more than 1 deadlift bar at the Musclepit and I presume PTC has at least one.

Thats pretty poor man.

1 bench in the warm up room with 30+ lifters?........

I think GPC will set a minimum standard for equipment used at sanctioned events.
If we want to be the premier fed, that sort of stuff cant happen.

In fairness I think they were hard pressed to find a good venue. There was A LOT of spectators the room was packed. I would have liked to see two benches, racks and platforms though. There was room for them if they removed the chairs in the warm up area. Also somewhere to do chin-ups... I really like to warm up with them and had to use the edge of the monolift

I spoke to a couple different people there who had been to the PA meet the day before. They said theres a big noticeable difference in the quality of competition. I dont want to discuss pros and cons of feds, but i think GPC could improve its meets.

I spoke to a couple different people there who had been to the PA meet the day before. They said theres a big noticeable difference in the quality of competition. I dont want to discuss pros and cons of feds, but i think GPC could improve its meets.

GPC as a fed or the GPC WA meet?

We had musak pumpin' hahaha

If any muscle pit guys see this I might be coming off as a kunt
The meet was great and I enjoyed it. My "problems" were non-existent and did not influence the outcome of my results in any way. I am projecting onto what I think other people MAY have had problems with. Thanks for having me guys

I'm not going to get handoffs on bench any more after seeing Siamand Rahman bench +300kg

Todays WA meet mate (but i also noticed things i dont like at previous meets too - wasnt GPC then though). I dont want to go into details in public.

I'd like some feedback too - I was there (I'm the GPC Tech Officer), a lot of the feedback I got was that it was a big step up from WA comps of the past.

I agree about the warmup area, and I'll be modifying the rule book to help fix this.

I'd like some feedback too - I was there (I'm the GPC Tech Officer), a lot of the feedback I got was that it was a big step up from WA comps of the past.

I agree about the warmup area, and I'll be modifying the rule book to help fix this.

Thought it was a great comp - probably the most consistent standard of judging I have ever seen at a comp (thanks for flying over Knuckles and taking the time to answer my queries)
No complaints on the warm up area but I can see the benefit of a consistent standard of warm up areas and equipment for GPC comps.
Great spectator attendance
Thought the atmosphere amongst the lifters was fantastic - couldn't have asked for a more supportive group of people.

It was a great comp Steph.

Sure the warmup area could have done with another bar and some weight, big deal, next year we'll take our mono, bars and weight if needed.