• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Vitamins

skywalker21

In the past I have tried Vitamins without noticing any kind of benefits until...

Vitamin D. I feel better taking D3 more energy, not as fatigued, better sleep (I think) Head not as cloudy, bones feel stronger. Now its not some Miracle Vitamin but Ive tried Iron/B12/Vit C/Q10 and they cant compare.

That could just be that my Vit D levels were low but what Vitamins do you feel you get a kick from ?

There is no benefit from taking vitamins unless you are deficient.

If you think you are deficient go to a doc and get your levels tested and if needed take what you are deficient in rather than just randomly taking stuff.

There is no benefit from taking vitamins unless you are deficient.

If you think you are deficient go to a doc and get your levels tested and if needed take what you are deficient in rather than just randomly taking stuff.

This x1000

But when you go to doc for a blood test, don't you need to be specific? Like, "I want to test for D3 deficiency", not I want to examine every component in my blood and find out whats lacking? If you want to test every single thing, bet you'll need to get your ass comfy for a long session as the doc goes out to retrieve a trolley full of empty test tubes lol.

Probably the most important part of the bodybuilding process is vitamins, minerals and enzymes, without sufficient supply, the repair and rebuilding process won't work.

i think these days it's wise to take a supplement on a day to day basis.

But when you go to doc for a blood test, don't you need to be specific? Like, "I want to test for D3 deficiency", not I want to examine every component in my blood and find out whats lacking? If you want to test every single thing, bet you'll need to get your ass comfy for a long session as the doc goes out to retrieve a trolley full of empty test tubes lol.

So you would rather just randomly self medicate yourself with vitamins with no reason why you are doing it.

If you think you are deficient get it checked out.

I do agree that some vitamins etc are only need if you have a deficiency issue...but if you are training at a fairly high intensity then your body will need more than the norm to recover and grow + it is a fairly good investment.

For the normal everyday person that doesnt train or just does some light stuff in the gym then no I dont think they are needed unless (as stated) you have a deficiency issue...

I do agree that some vitamins etc are only need if you have a deficiency issue...but if you are training at a fairly high intensity then your body will need more than the norm to recover and grow + it is a fairly good investment.

For the normal everyday person that doesnt train or just does some light stuff in the gym then no I dont think they are needed unless (as stated) you have a deficiency issue...

I don't think this statement is entirely correct.

all vitamins are needed and are supplied via the foods we consume, depending on the activity and levels of stress placed on us - day to day, effects the levels we have and we rely on certain foods to maintain the levels required to repair the damage.

Absolutely no proof of this though.