• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Venom

Do your protein shakes all taste like cap because you stick half a scoop of egg protein in them or are they cap bbefore that?

Do your protein shakes all taste like cap because you stick half a scoop of egg protein in them or are they cap bbefore that?

Taste like crap straight out of the box, egg protein does not change the taste in any big way.

Taste like crap straight out of the box, egg protein does not change the taste in any big way.

Mick, ive sent off the 4 samples of Venom to the Lab today, BN should have the results in about 1 week or so.

Let me know what you think of the samples packs when you get them,

I had to open my 3 other flavours today so I could pack and send some off to the lab, I tried the chocolate for breakfast, Half milk and half water.

Tasted like that Sustigen stuff. Very nice!

Had the Vanilla in some almond milk after lunch, and it tasted like malt vanilla ice cream.

The Buttersctoch I didn't rate to well
Rocky Road is still 11/10

Mick, ive sent off the 4 samples of Venom to the Lab today, BN should have the results in about 1 week or so.

Let me know what you think of the samples packs when you get them,

I had to open my 3 other flavours today so I could pack and send some off to the lab, I tried the chocolate for breakfast, Half milk and half water.

Tasted like that Sustigen stuff. Very nice!

Had the Vanilla in some almond milk after lunch, and it tasted like malt vanilla ice cream.

The Buttersctoch I didn't rate to well
Rocky Road is still 11/10

Cool, thanks for that.

I am looking forward to receiving my samples will do a full taste evaluation in a new thread once they get here, hopefully the tests will come back good, I do have some concerns though.

8kg of flavoured WPC for $136 delivered sounds way to cheap to me.:confused:

Cool, thanks for that.

I am looking forward to receiving my samples will do a full taste evaluation in a new thread once they get here, hopefully the tests will come back good, I do have some concerns though.

8kg of flavoured WPC for $136 delivered sounds way to cheap to me.:confused:

It is cheap, I got 4kg of WPI for $100 using a promo code. Came with the tape measure and shaker.

I will be asking for my money back if the tests come back below par.

They advertised on the radio this morning. 12kg of protein was $250.

Includes "night time protein, breakfast protein and wpi".

12 eggs in one sitting??? Thats over 1200 calories. There is no way I could eat 12 eggs in one sitting I think I would actually die, two eggs at a time is my limit.

Any more than two make me feel ill, 1-2 eggs a sitting is fine for me.

The eggs are about 70 cal each I think. Just easier to keep it a easy dozen and a nice cheap meal.

What brands do you use, and how do they taste. All I am looking for is a protein powder that is protein (not a lot o ask really), and that does not taste like arse.(impossible task from what I can see). I have some big brand stuff (universal nutrition) still tastes like arse, have just thrown out some optimal nutrition, vile vile stuff, could physically not have it. Currently have plain WPC frm BN as I could not justify the cost of the flavored stuff for the taste of it.

So I am still looking. Have now ordered a sample pack of Venom protein with ten samples so I will be doing a review in them when I get them. And I am waiting for the test results to come back to see if it's protein....

AST VP2 - I think taste is good - have choc/van/mocha and then fruit flavours.

Taste isnt really that important cosidering I am only drinking it after training with about 400ml of water - its not like I am having to drink it all day everyday.

If people are so concered about taste with their protein powders then maybe your into the wrong hobbie haha

Would you consider Dorian Yates Nutrition as one of those big well known brands, Rugby88?

Test your powders! It's absolutely free of charge to do. The only effort is finding a mail box to slip your samples in to.
The next effort after that is simply waiting for an email of the results! :p

proteintestingkit@bulknutrients.com.au

Nah mate never used Yates protein - never heard much about it? Why do you ask?

AST VP2 - I think taste is good - have choc/van/mocha and then fruit flavours.

Taste isnt really that important cosidering I am only drinking it after training with about 400ml of water - its not like I am having to drink it all day everyday.

If people are so concered about taste with their protein powders then maybe your into the wrong hobbie haha

Nah mate never used Yates protein - never heard much about it? Why do you ask?

Hi Rugby,
I was only asking if you considered them to be a "big brand name" as you were making the link (correct me if I read it the wrong way though!) of big brand names undoubtedly carrying precise protein percentages, however, on another Aussie forum, Someone had DY lab tested with some dissatisfying results.

Hi Rugby,
I was only asking if you considered them to be a "big brand name" as you were making the link (correct me if I read it the wrong way though!) of big brand names undoubtedly carrying precise protein percentages, however, on another Aussie forum, Someone had DY lab tested with some dissatisfying results.

Ohhhh ok haha - nah mate prob wouldnt consider DY a "bigger" brand but it is surprising to hear. I remeber back in the day when RedBack had major issues - they were one of the biggest brands in Australia at the time - of course dropped back a few levels after that.

Could I just confirm how the testing is done? I see some people with little containers that they must put a "sample" of the protein into and it reacts with something - but then you can post the samples to you? Do you send out the containers for customers to test themselves or do you test and send back results? Might be keen to test acouple of products.

Last edited:
Ohhhh ok haha - nah mate prob wouldnt consider DY a "bigger" brand but it is surprising to hear. I remeber back in the day when RedBack had major issues - they were one of the biggest brands in Australia at the time - of course dropped back a few levels after that.

Could I just confirm how the testing is done? I see some people with little containers that they must put a "sample" of the protein into and it reacts with something - but then you can post the samples to you? Do you send out the containers for customers to test themselves or do you test and send back results? Might be keen to test acouple of products.

We've moved past the little test kits that you describe here. They were little gems in getting awareness out there but we now have a system where it is far more simpler to just get a lab to test the powder for you.

It's simple.

You email our proteintestingkit@bulknutrients.com.au account and first tell us the brand you are wanting to test (to save you time, we may have already done many tests on the brand you are wanting to test so it may not be necessary).

We'll send you a form to fill out which gives the lab details of what you have and what you want tested (protein percentage).

Find a mail box.

Put the form and a sample of your powder in the mail box.

Check your email for the results from the lab.

Done.
Free of charge.

We've moved past the little test kits that you describe here. They were little gems in getting awareness out there but we now have a system where it is far more simpler to just get a lab to test the powder for you.

It's simple.

You email our proteintestingkit@bulknutrients.com.au account and first tell us the brand you are wanting to test (to save you time, we may have already done many tests on the brand you are wanting to test so it may not be necessary).

We'll send you a form to fill out which gives the lab details of what you have and what you want tested (protein percentage).

Find a mail box.

Put the form and a sample of your powder in the mail box.

Check your email for the results from the lab.

Done.
Free of charge.

Cheers mate!

Hope the lab tests come back favourable cos the kunce just sent my housemates order twice so now we have 16kg of venom protein at my place that needs to be eaten.

Will do [MENTION=8428]Big Mick[/MENTION];

Me either [MENTION=3034]Rugby88[/MENTION]; just have some stuff to finish from BN and then will do & post a review.