• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Using a weight gainer to supplement a meal?

Shank

I know everone says just eat, but if i were to use it for just a meal out of the day how would that be.

Also why is it better to just eat, are there any major pros and cons?

cheers

Because most commercial weight gainers are filled with cheap sugars.

Sure you can take a weight gainer, but please make it yourself with bulk WPC oats and peanut butter amongst others.. I like oatmass from Fitness Central because it does not need to be blended.

You're missing out on a lot of essential nutrients that are only available in whole foods.

You should check out some pro bodybuilder diets (and not the ones on the muscletech site where they drink 4 shakes of nitrotech hardcore pro a day) and see how many of them rely on shakes for their meals.

Answer? not many.

I don't see a problem with replacing a meal with a nutrient dense shake, but like I said not with cheap fillers like dextrose and malto.

ok so tomorrow im going to order 4 kg of oatmass (100g per shake?), i have normal wpc already, what else can i put in there ( i have peanut butter but im guessing you meant a specific type not kraft peanut butter?).

This is also going to be post workout, should i through some creatine in there aswell, anything else that will go well for bulking.

I personally like to throw in fruit + pb + whey + ice

If I had it, I'd throw in ice cream.

Get creative!

hmm im lactose intolerent, so i could have put in milk but damn!, anything else, can i put in standard kraft pb?

Last edited:
I personally like to throw in fruit + pb + whey + ice

If I had it, I'd throw in ice cream.

Get creative!

You put peanut butter in a shake with fruit?
I honestly cannot imagine how that tastes!
How does the PB blend?
Not sure I'd try it myself, but I give you B+ for creativity! :)

hmm im lactose intolerent, so i could have put in milk but damn!, anything else, can i put in standard kraft pb?

YOu can buy 100% peanut butter, the rest of store bought shit is added vegetable oil , sodium and sugar!

It is important to eat food because there is more then fats carbs and protein.

You have minerals, vitmains, enzymes, antioxidants and different phytochemicals in plant based foods...

Sure you can survive off replacing with just protein carbs and fats but how are you going to feel? How is it going to affect your health and performance?

i get ya noobs, na this is just for post workout and a single meal replacement other days, dw your posts have gotten to me, i am having fruit with breakie, veggies with lunch, veggies in a sandwich pre workout and in main meal dinner. Just wanted it for post workout and around 7 on other days. What ya think? Can you help me make a concoction? Hows wpc and oatmass and possibly creatine?

Shank, if you can afford it you're better to use whole foods than shakes. There are some occasions where its okay - a shake after working out is a good idea, and if you're anything like me and feel uncomfortable eatting a grilled steak at 7 in the morning or just before bed a shakes then are okay as well.

But once you start doing it to skip things like lunch and dinner its not such a great idea.

na it will never be to skip those important meals, its jsut that i can't fit any more meals in, i have breakie i can only have lunch at work, and i have 2 meals between 7:30 and 10:30. I just need a shake in this period ontop of what i am alraedy having to hit my calorie goals, it is only going to be a post workout shake or for around 6 pm on days im not training.

4 meals a day (one of them being your post workout stuff) is just fine. The human body is a complex organism built to survive famine and seasonal eating - its not going to screw itself if you dont eat every few hours.

I thought so, although even with the amount i stuff myself i can't reach the required calories. After stuffing my self till i cant eat any more i still fall short by about 500 odd calories.

How many calories are you aiming for? You may need a lesson in eating from Fadi, go search his 16500 calorie meal plan thread from when he was a young olympic lifter at the AIS.

You should be able to easily get 3200 in. Especially when you are taking in a lot post workout, try to take in a pre and post w/o shake then a meal 1 hour after. That should get you 1000 calories or more. Then you have 4 meals through the rest of the day. Breaky, lunch, dinner, before bed. 500 calories per meal or there abouts.

goal is for approx 3200 a day, i have seen fadis 16500 diet, that's insane lol.

Ah you guys are funny :D! That was 13500 calories and not 16500. The only time I mentioned the number 16 was when I was supplied with 16 trays of food between Sydney and Singapore by QANTAS whilst on the way to Britain for a weightlifting comp back in 1983; now that was fun!

Fadi.