• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

University of Sydney-Scapegoating steroids is harmful

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
Scott Griffiths is a PhD candidate at the University of Sydney's School of Psychology who is currently conducting research on muscle dysmorphia, appearance and performance-enhancing drug use.
In the context of current debates around increasing steroid use and the link with alcohol abuse and aggressive behaviour Griffiths said:
Scapegoating steroid use for violent behaviour distracts us from the debate on alcohol abuse and makes it more difficult for steroid users to come forward.
Steroid use is on the rise and there have been recent documented cases of individuals involved in alcohol-linked violence also using steroids.
But the concept of 'roid rage' has been sensationalised. Most steroid users, even those on high doses, do not succumb to roid rage. A bad apple effect is going on where the violent behaviour of a few users has come to form a stereotype about all users.
This stereotype is reinforced by high-profile cases of violent behaviour involving steroids where the role of steroids is seized upon by the media. Other factors are often downplayed or forgotten.
We know little about the stigma that steroid users and people with muscle dysmorphia experience, but the stereotype of them being 'dumb, dangerous drug-users' seems to crop-up frequently in the media.
Stereotypes around steroid use may mean that men struggling with muscle dysmorphia, where a person has an obsession with their body image and often uses steroids to build their muscularity, may be less likely to come forward for treatment.
Body pressures on men are increasing and more and more men are going to think about taking steroids. Some will ultimately make decisions to take them.
We do not condone steroid use, but we want men who use steroids to be able to talk about them with health professionals without the fear that they will automatically be labelled dangerous ticking time-bombs. Negative stereotypes about steroids disrupt this important conversation.

http://sydney.edu.au/news/84.html?n...urce=console&utm_medium=news&utm_campaign=cws

Hear hear

yep
he's right.
I heard on the radio the other day, one of the talkback hosts saying ,"now these steroids that all these young people take, they can cause liver damage, kidney failure and increased aggression".

If you replaced steroids with 'alcohol abuse' you'd find the same side effects.

I still maintain roid rage does exist at the rught dose on the right drug. Ive been a it of a lunatic recently, but i would never go dog shot someone because thats not who i am regardless of how angry i get over some fucking cat pissing in my mother fucking bed!!

rage is psychosis
hormones don't cause psychosis as far as I am aware

you're always in control, don't let hormones be an excuse for being a dick

Lets do an experiment 0ni.

Run 3g test with 1.5g tren and 50mg halo a day, then for shits and giggles throw in some cheque drops. Reckon you will remain calm and in controll when someone pisses you off? Lol

I can garentuee you will wind up in a straight jacket!

Lets do an experiment 0ni.

Run 3g test with 1.5g tren and 50mg halo a day, then for shits and giggles throw in some cheque drops. Reckon you will remain calm and in controll when someone pisses you off? Lol

I can garentuee you will wind up in a straight jacket!

I have no idea
but I can't find any evidence at all RE hormones and psychosis

increased anger, aggression? yeah sure. It can even change your personality so you're more likely to do these things. But legitimate psychosis? no way

i have experienced some roid rage before. was on a high dose T and D bol,

even when not on, if your hard core trainer, and test running high, and the conditions are right, IE hot day agitated hungry, things aint going your way its easy to snap, but some people that are prone to being angry in general, or have a chip on there shoulder its easier to rage, some people are always like a simmering volcano just ready to go nuts because partly upbringing or environment they are living in ect lots of factors.

its a crazy world.

if your an asshole .. gear will make you a bigger ass hole. All due to the confidence boost. . No amount of gear makes me agressive. never has. . i love being on it makes me feel good not angry... guys getting geed up while on gear.. ask them what else they are on at the same time... cocaine? speed?, pills?, alcohol???? or a combination of all of them.. its the little dheads who get on the gear then go out with the intention to show their mates how tough they are that give everyone else a bad name.

if your an asshole .. gear will make you a bigger ass hole. All due to the confidence boost. . No amount of gear makes me agressive. never has. . i love being on it makes me feel good not angry... guys getting geed up while on gear.. ask them what else they are on at the same time... cocaine? speed?, pills?, alcohol???? or a combination of all of them.. its the little dheads who get on the gear then go out with the intention to show their mates how tough they are that give everyone else a bad name.

If you have "Big Balls" will taking steroids Small Balls.
;)

I feel better
Just content all the time, I now understand why women are so pissed off all the time
Good aggression in the gym though

Even traffic where I used to proper rage I am ok now lol