• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Triphase Training..

rambo

Tri-Phase Training
Specialized Hypertrophy Program
MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Anybody tried this? How does it sound?
Looking at starting it next week, i'm bored with my current routine and i'm looking to change things up.
Would something like this be good while on a healthy bulk diet? Goal is to increase lifts & add muscle.

Here's how i have it set out,

Phase 1 - Volume [Weeks 1-3]
Week 1 - 3 Sets
Week 2 - 4 Sets
Week 3 - 5 Sets

Monday - Chest/Shoulders
Bench Press - 3x6-10
Incline DB Press - 3x6-10
Dips - 3x6-10
Military or DB Press - 3x6-10
DB Side Lateral - 3x6-10

Tuesday - Back/Traps
Rack Deadlift - 3x-6-10
Pull Up - 3x6-10
Bent Over Row - 3x6-10
BB Shrug - 3x6-10
DB Shrug - 3x6-10

Thursday - Legs
Squats - 3x6-10
Stiff Leg Deadlift - 3x6-10
Leg Extension - 3x6-10
Leg Curl - 3x6-10
Lunges - 3x6-10

Friday - Arms/Calves
BB Curl - 3x6-10
Close Grip Bench - 3x6-10
Skull Crusher - 3x6-10
DB Curl - 3x6-10
Stand Calf Raise - 3x6-10
Seated Calf Raise - 3x6-10
----------------------------------

Phase 2 - Intensity [Weeks 4-6]
Week 1 - 3x6 Rep Max
Week 2 - 3x4 Rep Max
Week 3 - 3x2 Rep Max

Monday - Upper Body A
Bench Press - 3x6
Bent Over Row - 3x6
Military Press - 3x6
BB Shrug - 3x6
Close Grip Bench - 3x6
BB Curl - 3x6

Tuesday - Lower Body A
Squats - 3x6
Stiff Leg Deadlift - 3x6
Seated Calf Raise - 3x6

Thursday - Upper Body B
Incline DB Press - 3x6
Pull Ups - 3x6
DB Shoulder Press - 3x6
DB shrug - 3x6
Skullcrushers - 3x6
DB Curl - 3x6

Friday - Lower Body B
Deadlift - 3x6
Leg Press - 3x6
Standing Calf Raise - 3x6
----------------------------------

Phase 3 - Frquency [Weeks 7-9]
Whole Body A - 2x4-6
Whole Body B - 2x6-10
Whole body C - 2x10-12

Monday - Whole body A
Squats
Stiff Leg Deadlift
Seated Calf Raise
Flat Press
Bent Over Row
Military Press
BB Shrug
Close Grip Bench
BB Curl

Tuesday - Whole body B
Leg Press
Lying Leg Curl
Standing Calf Raise
Incline Press
Pull Ups
DB side Lateral
DB Shrug
Skull Crusher
DB Curl

Friday - Whole Body C
Leg Extension
Seated Leg Curl
Donkey Calf Raise
Decline Press or Dips
Rack Deadlift
Cable Lateral
Low-Pulley High Row
Tricep Pressdown
Cable Curl

Last edited:
Wow, that looks awesome...I can't comment on the whole thing as I am still on a beginner routine, but it looks like a blast!, would like to see what others have to say about it also.

I am copy/pasting this into the 'one day i will do this routine' file I keep..LOL

I don't think you can neatly pigeon-hole every exercise into the same rep criteria. For example, I've never heard of anyone doing a 2RM on seated calf raise.

Poliquin recommends switching round volume and intensity on a 3 week basis. I do this by keeping my routine the same, but doing straight sets for 3 weeks then rest pause for 3 weeks. Looks like you may be overtraining your triceps though brah

what makes you say that? i see them being hit directly/indirectly twice a week, apart from the last 3 weeks of this program where each body part gets hit 3 times a week.

i have got some decent gains off my current routine, which hits tri's directly/indirectly 3 times a week-

mon- chest/abs
tues- back/shoulders/traps
wen- legs/cardio
thur- chest/abs
fri- arms

Last edited:
Why would you train chest twice per week and all the other major muscles once?

Do you want your chest twice as big as your other muscles by comparison?

It does not compute!!!!!!

Take a look at this article and you will get a better idea, but you're hitting triceps hard with 78 reps a week in the 1st phase plus extra work from bench, db incline bench, dips (which are mainly triceps) and overhead pressing. I also think in the second phase you will be very tired in the last few exercises and will end up dropping reps. Phase 3 looks fine though.

You may be over or under training other areas as well, but triceps is all I looked at because most people vastly over train them

The Optimal Volume Per Muscle Group, Body Part, Workout & Week

Why would you train chest twice per week and all the other major muscles once?

Do you want your chest twice as big as your other muscles by comparison?

It does not compute!!!!!!

lol, i had a rest day in there but thought i'd hit chest 2x week cause it was my weak point. by adding the extra chest day my db press jumped 30lbs within a month or so.
i'll be sorting out a strict diet tomorrow and might see how this program goes..

@ 0ni

This is how the program was designed, i believe quite afew people have had success with it even with that amount of tricep work.
i don't believe i'll be overtraining my tri's anyway they get worked hard during my current routine and i haven't noticed them getting any smaller/weaker :D

thanks for the link i'll have a read tomorrow

Looking at your pic it does not look weak, also you are still a beginner, it will even out over time without extra workouts....
patience is a virtue.

lol, i had a rest day in there but thought i'd hit chest 2x week cause it was my weak point. by adding the extra chest day my db press jumped 30lbs within a month or so.
i'll be sorting out a strict diet tomorrow and might see how this program goes..

@ 0ni

This is how the program was designed, i believe quite afew people have had success with it even with that amount of tricep work.
i don't believe i'll be overtraining my tri's anyway they get worked hard during my current routine and i haven't noticed them getting any smaller/weaker :D

thanks for the link i'll have a read tomorrow

It's not about "what will work" it's about "what works best". Anyway I've given you plenty of info on the subject so if you want to do it then go for it

just an update-

i'm currently on the fourth week of this program.
i haven't been following a strict diet but i try to get a good amount of food in everyday. i have gained 2kg in 4 weeks.

these numbers are currently the max i have lifted during this program all for 6-8 reps for 3-5 sets with no spot. i believe i can squat and bench more. not sure about deadlifts. my legs/hammies are really weak because i never use to train them.

bench 80kg -> 95kg
squat 70kg -> 90kg
deadlift 80kg -> 100kg
sldl 60kg -> 100kg

bodyweight 73kg -> 75kg