• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Training with no shoes

DanW

I train at home without shoes, mainly because I can get started quicker, don't waste time getting dressed etc, but it also lets me stay cooler in hot summer weather.

The main thing I want to know, is it ok for squats? I've been doing ok for my first two weeks but my squat is only 80kg as I'm restarting after 3 years no lifting.

When you get to the heavier weights is it going to cause some ankle damage due to lack of support? Or any issues with stance during the squat?

Same for dead lifts and other compounds, although squat puts the most pressure on my stance..

Not sure what support shoes would give you.:confused:

We are born without shoes so I can not see a problem doing things without shoes.

Never wear shoes to train in, never have and never will. Going for close to 30 years now and no issues. As a matter of fact I wear shoes as little as possible and the least cloths I can get away with. I usually train in cheap $6 'Rugger' fleecy shorts only. Unless its winter then I will wear a cheap fleecy jumper as well. :)

It's not a fashion parade it lifting:p

PS the makers of overpriced sports shoes would have you thinking we are all going to die a horrible death unless we wear their product. Trust me it is not so....:rolleyes:

They're called ass to grass squats for a reason.

Ha very possible training on my own

Free balling is as far as I'd go though, I like a shirt for the grip on the bar and thin trackies so my weak shins don't get distracted by the bar dragging on them in dead lift.

I make my wife wear a shirt while she squats so I can still get shit done..

Pretty much everyone who has their own gym has squatted completely naked