• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Training while travelling

Gauche

I will be going on a work trip for a week pre cycle and I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions on a good workout program that can be done in a hotel room. Obviously push ups, dips etc, but I'm curious to what you guys do when in that situation. Usually I put it down as a rest week but I don't want to rest until my cycle ends.

Thanks guys

Take a axe then go find a big tree, chop it down then chop into pieces, Sell the wood as fire wood to help cover petrol cost on your trip.

Go find a construction site/farm and sneak in and lift up some heavy crap. Find the gyms closest to you and go in for a casual visit. Or do the bodyweight routine, pushups with a backpack with crap in it, elevated feet pushups, dips between chairs with backpack, 1 legged squats, chins, some jumps finish with some sprints outside.

Unless you are going on a work trip to the middle of the desert, just find a gym and pay for 2-3 casual visits.
Posted via Mobile Device

Find a local gym.

Or invest in some bands and you can then ad resistance to squats, deads, push ups, etc

Ill be in a remote location and I dont get home until rather late at night so a gym is out of the question. I think body weight with a back pack will be the go thanks Dave. Might just do all that stuff in super sets three times that week.

The exogenous test will congeal in your body if you don't train.
Plenty of push ups and one legged squats for you. ;)

I travel semi-regularly for work and have to stay in hotels. I've often used resistance bands, but have recently started going to gyms while away. Most hotel gyms are rubbish, try and find one that has an affiliation with a local gym, you'll get free entry as a hotel guest.

Resistance bands are quite cheap at around $30 for a pack of 3. They're pretty good, if you double them up (use 2 strong bands at the same time) you can get a decent amount of resistance. Loop them through a roll of duct tape and place the tape over the top of the bathroom door, shut the door, the tape anchors the band in place. You can sit on the floor and do lat pulldowns. If you anchor the band at the side of the door you can do seated rows.

You can do some good shoulder, bicep, tricep exercises with them, also squats. Youtube has heaps of videos of different exercises you can do with them. I didn't find them great for chest work, but you can do pushups with feet elevated.

Edit: sorry just read your other post about not being able to got to a gym, forget what I said about that. Invest in the resistance bands, they'll make a nice change, a chance to mix it up for a slightly higher rep workout.

Last edited:
Cheers guys. I have since found out there is a gym but by the time I get home it's closed anyway. I'll get some resistance bands, medicine ball and I may even pack a few free weights :) Boss: "what's that?" me: "um... Nothing"
Posted via Mobile Device