• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Training when sore???

S

sicr1000

My question is should i train if i am still sore from a previous training session??

I did squats 3 days ago and my leg muscles are still sore and i know if i train them today i wont have my usual strength to complete my desired weight/reps.

This goes for any muscle group.

Whats should i do, let them recover fully or train anyway but just use lighter weight??

Just do your work out.. you are sore form lack of nutrients to the desired area or you are not accustomed to training yet.

When your body adapts you will become sore from missing training sessions.

Look up active recovery make sure you are eating and sleeping enough.

If i can recover anyone can.

I am sore because i have never done squats before(Yes thats right never, but i have come to realize they are essential in gaining overall strength) and went hard the other day and im now paying.
Same with deadlifts but im not as sore from those because i did not go as hard on them.
Should i still use the same weight because i know i wont pump out the desired reps??

If anything, up the weight.

If you did 3x5 in the previous workout, but this time only managed 2x5 and 1x3, do and extra set on the end of another 3 or 4, it will make up for the missed reps, and add another, therefore progressing.

If the pain is wayyy too much have an extra rest day.

If anything, up the weight.

If you did 3x5 in the previous workout, but this time only managed 2x5 and 1x3, do and extra set on the end of another 3 or 4, it will make up for the missed reps, and add another, therefore progressing.

If the pain is wayyy too much have an extra rest day.

The pain is never too much, its just that i will be able to do so many squats then i just wont be able to get the weight back up.

This is tmeporary and you will only notice this if you stop training and start again.

It will soon pass.. 3rd day is generally the worst once u have a break but once u do something it alows you to heal faster.

You'll surprise yourself. once you wobble up to that squat rack and load it up and start doing warmup sets you'll be amazed what you can actually lift. Your muscles will warm up and your body will start releasing all sorts of good endorphins.

I had the same concern when I dropped my split routine and reverted to common routine on alternate days with big compounds every time. Squats were my main concern and day 2 soreness was always a problem. Now that I've been at it for only a couple of weeks, the day 2 soreness is much reduced. I actually do start to cramp if I go too long between workouts now.

Just do it. Load the bar and have a go.

Cheers,
Mike

Yes as most have said still hit the gym.

But if the pain is waayyy too much I'd do
a light work out. Helps the blood floor and
increases recovery. "Active recovery" as
someone has pointed out.

I find that being a little sore actually I like.
It makes me know that I've done a good
work out to be sore.

Although after a long, long break I started gym
in 09 and let me tell you I had to have a week &
half because I was that sore :eek:

Hit the Gym this morning stilll feeling sore, amasingly once i had a few warm up reps i was able to squat easier than i thought possible and feel better now than what i did before the workout.
Active recovery really does work.