• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Training solo?

MzPhoenix

Epic Kuncet
I'm pretty much on my own when it comes to training and learning. I'm trying to find a trainer but not having much luck. Any advice on what I can do until I find someone for 1 on 1 training? I'm focusing a lot on my technique but its hard to judge if I'm doing it right when I'm still a novice.

Film your movement then you can see if it matches the really awesome technique we all put up in our vids. Learn to squat properly first, all the other stuff is for girls. Visit Kraftsportno YouTube channel for squat technique.

Film your movement then you can see if it matches the really awesome technique we all put up in our vids. Learn to squat properly first, all the other stuff is for girls. Visit Kraftsportno YouTube channel for squat technique.

I AM a girl..... :/

Squatting is for girls too.

I train solo (unless you count the kids when they want to join in) in my shed because the local PCYC gym is terrible and I don't have a regular timetable for life let alone lifting. I suggest a written log so you can keep track of what you have done and to help plan what you are doing. I just finished my first exercise pad and it's an interesting read to see what I was doing at the start, where I got to before my big breaks in training and where I'm at now.

If you want someone to train with you may need to post a wanted ad or something, I was lucky when I wanted help with my deadlift form that a local guy is a powerlifter and was willing to help.

Best of luck with your training :)

I log everything I do with Fitocracy so I can see my progression and so far I haven't injured anything so I've gotta be doing something right, right? lol

My motivation outweighs my knowledge at the moment, that's all.

Guess I better film me then, it wont be pretty but if it helps.....

Thanks guys.

I would flat out suggest seeing someone to get the basic movements down. Then can continue on your own. If you mention where you live most people would have a recommendation of who to see or where to go

where do you train?
surely you could find someone knowledgeable at your local gym or better yet make a trip to ptc.
don't be a afraid to ask ;)

Training by yourself sucks! Film your lifts, plenty of people here can give feedback!

I live in Bundaberg and go to Snap Fitness. I've been in contact with the local CrossFit club and I was meant to go have a few sessions there, just for lifting not the other stuff, but they seem to have forgotten about me or are really super busy :/ I contacted QWA about finding someone locally to help me and they said there was no one and to try the CrossFit people, which I'd already done. My gym has a PT but I have little confidence in her, I had a free session with her and wasn't impressed with the program she gave me, it actually lead to a small injury.

I do actually prefer training alone, I'm not there to chat, just be nice to have someone who knows their stuff watch my form for me.

Depends. I prefer training by myself. No dickheads around except me.

I should just toughen up....

The view on one of my gym walls is my trophies and medals. The view on my other wall is a giant mirror. So I really shouldn't complain about the view. ...

Looks like I'm stuck with training solo unless I can find someone else to train with at my current gym. I cant afford or justify paying 130 a month for a crossfit membership when I can only use their gym for a couple of hours in the morning unless I want to do crossfit :/