• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Training schedule question

T

turbodragon

Hey, just have a general query regarding an "optimum" weekly weight training schedule. I do the training of the muscles in "blocks" (i.e biceps, chest and back). Here is how my schedule looks at the moment:

Week 1

Monday: Biceps/Forearms
Tuesday: -
Wednesday: Chest/Triceps
Thursday: -
Friday: Back
Saturday: -
Sunday: Biceps/Forearms

Week 2

Monday: -
Tuesday: Chest/Triceps
Wednesday: -
Thursday: Back
Friday: -
Saturday: Biceps/Forearms
Sunday: -

Week 3

Monday: Chest/Triceps
Tuesday: -
Wednesday: Back
Thursday: -
Friday: Biceps/Forearms
Saturday: -
Sunday: Chest/Triceps

etc......

In other words, every 2nd day I have off and it's like a cycle interms of which muscle group to taget. Is this alright or should I be looking at spreading it more out over the week (eg instead of 3 days a week, mayb 4 or 5?)?

Also, on my off days, should I still be drinking protein?

Cheers. :)

Oh sorry, also forgot to mention the following:

- Situps are done on a daily basis (25 reps, 2 times a day)

- Currently 70kg

- I'm not aiming to get Arnie-size, but just want a "healithier" size if that makes sense.

:)

Legs? Only need to hit each muscle group once a week so you don't need to cycle. Maybe try the same setup as the first week you had down, but instead of doing arms twice do legs. Also do sit-ups every second day so your abs can rest and repair.

No legs no shoulders..WTF?

I'm not aiming to get Arnie-size

If you trained and dieted like you wanted to be arnie you may actually acheive something, truth is 99.9999999999999 people never get to where Arnie was no matter how hard they try and you've just made it even more difficult for yourself.

Hi buddy

What about your legs and shoulders?

Are you just starting out or what is your expierence with training?

it will make it a bit easy to give a answer

Gotta be quick mate.

I didn't want to sound harsh to TD but It's better to be a little stern as to get the message across and hope he heeds our advice so he can not make mistakes many newbies have.

Stop wasting your time doing those sit ups twice a day. Sit ups are an average abdominal exercise and only hit a few selected muscles. Certainly will never get that beautiful man 'v' with just those.

Legs? Only need to hit each muscle group once a week so you don't need to cycle. Maybe try the same setup as the first week you had down, but instead of doing arms twice do legs. Also do sit-ups every second day so your abs can rest and repair.

Alright then, maybe I can work abs on the off days. Nah, not really focussing on legs atm cos I play alot of footy and soccer. Maybe somewhere in the future I might, but just not right now.

No legs no shoulders..WTF?

I'm not aiming to get Arnie-size

If you trained and dieted like you wanted to be arnie you may actually acheive something, truth is 99.9999999999999 people never get to where Arnie was no matter how hard they try and you've just made it even more difficult for yourself.

Sorry, when I say back I kinda meant shoulders as well lol

Yeah that's cool, but since no-one here knows anything about me, wouldn't it be better to throw it out there that I'm not aiming to be bulking up massively, but rather just adding a little extra muscle/mass, considering I'm asking for opinions?

Hi buddy

What about your legs and shoulders?

Are you just starting out or what is your expierence with training?

it will make it a bit easy to give a answer

Hey mate, I just answered those above ;) Been training on and off for a couple of years, but decided to take a much more structured approach now.

Gotta be quick mate.

I didn't want to sound harsh to TD but It's better to be a little stern as to get the message across and hope he heeds our advice so he can not make mistakes many newbies have

No worries mate. I came here for advice, so I'm taking as much of it in as possible :) No offence taken.

Stop wasting your time doing those sit ups twice a day. Sit ups are an average abdominal exercise and only hit a few selected muscles. Certainly will never get that beautiful man 'v' with just those.

LOL I do situps as more of an "maintence" exercise ;)

The best way to add that "Little Extra Muscle" is too train like a beast, ifyou train like a fairy you will be one. and don't worry you won;t end up like Arnie.

I thick you be better off doing a full body program 3 times a week. With focus on big (compound) exiceses like your Bench press, squats , deadlift and rows.

Do that on mon wed and fri and have the rest off!!!!

I thick you be better off doing a full body program 3 times a week. With focus on big (compound) exiceses like your Bench press, squats , deadlift and rows.

Do that on mon wed and fri and have the rest off!!!!

Alright then. So instead of seperating muscles, I should work them all 3 times a week, as opposed to once a week yeah?

WHat about supplements? Do I still take them on my off days?

Yes take supplements on your off days. Same diet/supplements on off days as you have on on days. The above recommendation to work all your body 3 times a week might work for you...but I don't like it personally, I prefer splitting.

If you want to gain anything, a little bit of muscle, a lot of muscle, whatever, you still need to train extremely hard and eat a lot.

Start by telling us your body weight, your body fat %, your height, and your age.

For example I'm 81kg low bodyfat 22, I need 200 grams protein a day, 400 grams carbs, 200 grams fat, and about 4000-4500 calories to put on muscle. Which means I need to have about 7 meals a day and about two protein shakes.

What supplements are you taking?

Basics you need are Protein, Glutamine, and Creatine.

Good luck anyway.

Yes take supplements on your off days. Same diet/supplements on off days as you have on on days. The above recommendation to work all your body 3 times a week might work for you...but I don't like it personally, I prefer splitting.

If you want to gain anything, a little bit of muscle, a lot of muscle, whatever, you still need to train extremely hard and eat a lot.

Start by telling us your body weight, your body fat %, your height, and your age.

For example I'm 81kg low bodyfat 22, I need 200 grams protein a day, 400 grams carbs, 200 grams fat, and about 4000-4500 calories to put on muscle. Which means I need to have about 7 meals a day and about two protein shakes.

What supplements are you taking?

Basics you need are Protein, Glutamine, and Creatine.

Good luck anyway.

Cheers mate. I'm 70kg, 180cm and 20yo.

How do I go about calculating my bodyfat?

The only supplement I'm currently using is GNC Mass XXX, 3 times a day (3rd glass is before bed with 1 teaspoon of flaxseed oil).