• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

training in rabens

barnsey

hey guys you will probably wanna hit me for this but do you reckon its ok to train in rabens?
doing such things as squats, deads etc etc
i have a set of orthotics i can put in.
also while we are on this with my squat my left ankle rolls quite about in during my squat and my toes seem to point out a fair bit too feels normal for me. ill get some vids for you soon if you need me to

rabens are more than fine to workout in. i workout in rabens for the most part. they are fine to work out in if you have good feet mechanics.

it sounds as if you have a problem that makes your ankle roll in which is no good.

do your orthotics help?

haven't yet tried with them in will do next session.
ahh glad they are ok i know some people deadlift bare foot but the rest might of been diffrent.

Iv'e recently just bought a pair for my dead's. Previously was going barefoot but it's a **** around in the gym, so the rabens do the trick. I wouldn't use them for squats though, i like a like heel elevation/support.

I personally couldnt train in rabens, didnt have enough heel support for me.