• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Training hungover

I've never had a problem training after a big night out
Sometimes I've even hit PBs

Drink a bit less, I never train when I am hung over, but then again I don't really drink alcohol enough to get hung over any more.

I would say don't train as you already damaged your body and liver and it's trying to repair itself. Being hung over you basically have alcohol poisoning and you are de hydrated not a good combination for exerting yourself.

Did it on Saturday... just a 'lil more rest, but surprisingly you may find you're a bit looser and more game to push yourself, depending upon how wasted you got the night before.

This is dis-regarding the catabolic effect that alcohol may have indirectly on your recovery.

I like them. Normally feel sluggish for the first few sets, but it means I get a few litres of water into me so I feel better by the time I walk out. Workouts tend to drag out a little with longer rest periods.

I recall hitting a couple PB's while mildly hungover....harden the fuck up and train...If you're prepared to sacrifice your body and get drunk, then be prepared to make up for it.

Generally its the dehydration and lack of sleep that kills me.

But I dont drink on days that would affect training.

And I when i do drink its enough to kill a bear/drown a whale so I can barely lift a bacon egg roll and a gatorade the day after let alone train.