• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Training Guidance

B

bilalamin

Hi All,
I have been doing the workout from past few years but without any supplements,on and off without any proper training schedule. I need your suggestion/help to start a proper training. It will help me save time and energy:) ..
Myself: Age 26, Ht: 5'9, Wt: 95kg waist: 34-35
Goal: My goal is to have a tonned body with no extra fats and good muscular build.
I have just strated some formal training with supplements + nutrition + vitamins but I am not sure wether I am doing the right thing or not. Your help in this regard would be greatly appreciated.
Nutrition:
Breakfast : Uncle Toby's Antioxidant Ceral + full cream milk + banana yougrt + tea/coffee afterwards
Morning tea: Tuna Sandwich (Tuna in Olive Oil + Whole meal bread)
Lunch: Salad
Afternoon: fruits (Banana + apple + apricots/peach what ever available)
Pre-work out: Max's HP+ (one and a half scoop)
Dinner: Chicken/Beef/Lamb steak + grilled veggies + salad (cucumber + carrots)
Vitamins : I am taking a cap of Nature's way Men Multivit + 3 caps of fish oil 1000mg
Other than this I am drinking 3 liters of water + almost one liter of green tea every day.

Please advise me if I am taking the right nutritions or not. I am not sure about Max's HP+ if this is the rite supp. for me. Also, I have read that GNC multi vits are the best, can I switch over to these?

Training:

I am doing training 5 days a week.

Doing Cardio 30-45 mins (interval training, mainly treadmill, cycle, rowing) every day

Doing weights on alternate days .. concentrating mainly on chest, abs and shoulders .. I am doing cardio before weights, is this a good pratice?

I am not sure if doing cardio and the weights on the same day is a good idea or not. Also, how I can keep balance between cardio and weights to get better results?

Thanks,
-B

!. Your diet lacks protein
2. Whats this "concentrating mainly on chest, abs and shoulders" garbage. You need to train every muscle in your body, yes that means legs and back aswell.
3. Max's will burn a hole in the wallet fast. Search th supp section for better/cheaper alternatives.
4. 20mins of moderate cardio after workouts is ok.
5. GNC is not the best place for vitamins in terms of prices. Stear clear.

Search the diet section for dietry advice and pose diet questions there. This forum is for training related questions.

Last edited:
train all muscle groups during your weeks routine, its alittle hard to get into, but once your mind sets in you'll be much happier with the results

agreed with all shrek said.

and if you want a good rutine give this one a go. its by Wesley:

Monday
Squat or box squat 2-3 x 5
Glute/Ham Raises or pullthroughs 3 x 10
Bent Row or Chest Supported row 4 x 6
Barbell or Dumbbell Curl 3 x 8
Calf Raises 3 x 15

Wednesday
Bench Press or low board press 3 x 5, or 3 x 3
Incline Dumbbell Bench Press 4 x 8
Military or Dumbbell Shoulder Press 3 x 8
Skull Crushers 3 x 10
Ab work 3 x 10

Friday
Deadlift or rack deadlift 2-3 x 5
Leg press 2 x 10
Chin or lat pull-down 4 x 6
Barbell or Dumbbell Curl 3 x 8
Calf Raises 3 x 15

Monday
Incline bench press or Incline Dumbbell Press 3 x 5, or 3 x 3
Dumbbell Bench Press 4 x 8
Military or Dumbbell Shoulder Press 3 x 8
Tricep pushdowns 3 x 10
Ab work 3 x 10 Monday

Yep, make sure you're doing all your compound lifts like Squat, Deadlift, Bench Press, Lat Pulldown, Dips and build around those. If you want mass, do the heavy compound lifts.