• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Training diaries/apps ?

lex

How do you guys keep your training diaries ?

diary or book or a smart phone app ?

Can any one recommend any good smart phone training diary/log apps ?

iphone and android please.

When I was training years back I tried using diaries but kept losing them

I use jefit for android (available on iphone as well), you can setup multiple routines/programs from an extensive exercise database, see what weight you did last session etc.

iphone only you may wish to check out fitocracy, I cannot comment on the app but the actual website is pretty decent.

I find now that I have been training for a while, doing a consistent program, I don't need to track it anymore as I remember where I am at, at first I had no hope however.

Just a plain ole 50cent exercise book and pen, dont like taking my phone into gym as i will only break it and gyms are no place for phones anyways.....

l write everything down in a exercise book... Then log it online as well... and... i've got a file for workouts on word.

I tick off each set on an already printed page.
I have found keeping a log on here is the most convenient to avoid losing it due to comp or phone data problems though.

I looked at a few Android ones and Jefit, some of them backed up data to Gmail etc so you don't lose it. But decided I didn't want my phone with me in the gym. It's the one time of day I can not be bugged by calls, emails etc, and I'd rather focus on my workout than be interrupted. I have a much better workout with a clear mind.

So for me, got a training diary for $15, used 3 times a week for 9 months and still plenty of pages left. Has a spot for diet recording too, but I don't bother with that.

GNC and all those types of shops would have them I think.

I've always logged online for workouts but only recently tried an app. Just started using Jefit for android and I quite like it. I haven't sorted out routines yet (I am doing PPP so if anyone has set one up that I could use that would be awesome :)) I wasn't sure how to do it though being that each week is different in terms of reps & sets. Fine for assistance stuff as I'm generally similar reps & sets for them.

and MFP for food.

Also log online.
And myfitnesspal for foods.

Downloaded jefit the othet day but not sure i like it as also nornally using ppp

yeah I believe so but that is only logging the main lifts, none of the accessory stuff.

I'm liking Jefit. Doesn't take long to put workouts in at all. Then I sync it. Take a screenshot on computer & upload to my log. It's quicker than me typing it all out.

Also great that you just go to the website & can click on any day to see what you did then easily. As I always squat on Mondays, I just check last weeks for assistance stuff and I'm good to go.

I've been using Flex on the iPhone for nearly 2 years now. I've configured routines based around each of the main lifts, plus a heap of the relevant accessory lifts. Then I can just pick a-la-carte on the day. The main logging screen shows me what I lifted last time I did a particular exercise and I've got access to simple graphs and all my workout logs.

I've tried Jefit on android and now iPhone and not that thrilled with it. The iPhone version is slightly worse than the android one.

I've gone back to Gymbuddy...I rate it the best I've seen.

I've tried Jefit on android and now iPhone and not that thrilled with it. The iPhone version is slightly worse than the android one.

I've gone back to Gymbuddy...I rate it the best I've seen.

I tried Jefit on iPhone and hated it too.

Never tried Gymbuddy ... will look it up!

I ended up just logging them as notes for now.

Probably going to put them into google docs as a spreadsheet