• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Training advice

kmacattack

hi all i'm not sure if this is the right place to post this as im a new user and dont really know whats goin on but i'll give it a go here anyway. i'm 20 y.o 6 foot 5 and about 99 kg. i've been doing weights now for about 3 months 3-4 days a week now and really haven't seen much improvement in strength gains and size. Is there any tips for a tall guy who is a hard gainer? i take creatine before workout and protein after.

A hard gainer is someone who doesnt train hard enough to stimulate muscle growth nor eats a surpluss of calories to support gains, usually both.

Need to see your routine as stated, but id take a bet your not nearly eating enough. Whats your diet like?

PTC's right to a large extent. I'm sure there are individuals that really struggle to gain significent size (muscle &/or fat), but these individuals would be a pretty small minority. If god has given you a license to eat 4 x as much as your friends.......use it. Train smarter

Sorry, i thought a hard gainer was someone who found it hard to gain muscle.

Average day eating:
Bacon and eggs and protein shake,
2 whole grain bread sandwiches,
apples and bananas,
peanuts and yoghurt,
creatine before workout,
protein shake,
steak or chicken with plenty of veges.

Day 1. Pecs and shoulders. average of 4 exercises a muscle group with 4 sets increasing weight. eg bench press. 60x15, 70x10, 80x8, 95x5
Day 2. triceps and lats
Day 3. biceps and abs.
Day 4. cardio:skipping and boxing.

I dont go to a gym as im a uni student and spend my spare money on supplements instead of gym memebrship. but i have a reasonable amount of equipment and weights at home and a spotter.

Bench press:105
Dead lift: 175

what else should i be doing? all replies are appreciated.

If you can squat do it

given a choice, do overhead pressing rather than bench pressing

for overhead pressing use dumb bells more often than barbells

try all forms of pulling from the floor, ie- dead-lifts, stiffies and trap bar work

farmers walks will do more for you than most trainees realise

pull ups and dips work for most people

dumbell rows and shrugs are good

a little arm work does a body good

machines are not the enemy

experiment and have fun

sets, reps and how many days a week you train is up to you and your ability to recover from one workout to another

eat more protien than carbs, more carbs than fats, eat more fruits and veg than grains

drink plenty of water

pick an activity that allows you to improve your conditioning

make lifting a part of your life, a means to improve it
don't let it be a focus on your life

maintain a tranquil mind and outlook on life

conduct yourself in a way that reflects well on lifting

encourage others to take up lifting

Great post Silverback.

You metion "for overhead pressing use dumb bells more often than barbells". Why do you say this? Do DB's increase the difficulty?

If you can squat do it

given a choice, do overhead pressing rather than bench pressing

for overhead pressing use dumb bells more often than barbells

try all forms of pulling from the floor, ie- dead-lifts, stiffies and trap bar work

farmers walks will do more for you than most trainees realise

pull ups and dips work for most people

dumbell rows and shrugs are good

a little arm work does a body good

machines are not the enemy

experiment and have fun

sets, reps and how many days a week you train is up to you and your ability to recover from one workout to another

eat more protien than carbs, more carbs than fats, eat more fruits and veg than grains

drink plenty of water

pick an activity that allows you to improve your conditioning

make lifting a part of your life, a means to improve it
don't let it be a focus on your life

maintain a tranquil mind and outlook on life

conduct yourself in a way that reflects well on lifting

encourage others to take up lifting

great post. how do i put it in my signiture tho ? lol