• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Too tired to hit the gym???

k_21

Guys/gals,

I've been hitting the gym at least 3 days a week
over the last 2 months.

Recently though after work I've been god awful
tired to hit the gym! I was wondering if anyone
else on here have days like that?

If so is it nutrition issues, working really hard at
the gym or is it all mental?:confused:

I can't seem to figure it out.

Thanks
Devante.
P.S. I do have to say that when I feel like this
I can't seem to lift with purpose when I do go to
hit the weights!!

Personally, I think it's diet related, I was smashing PB's going on 5 hrs sleep, doing a physically demanding job for 10 hrs then going to the gym and performing, I think diet is the key, just eat more, if you are still tired, eat more again! :)

Maybe you just need a change of some sort, a spark.

The mind plays a massive role when it comes to lifting, do you have like minded lifters around you in the gym, or sissy boys wearing lycra and curling in power racks.

Dont dismiss all these things, you may think I'm being funny, but if you walk into a gym and some guy is squatting 4 plates and another is deadlifting 5 plates, surely thats going to inspire you to lift.

Is the gym you train at somewhere you WANT to go or HAVE to go?

Jsut to add my $0.02AUD to what the pros have already written, I'm a deadbeat after work, I just wana go home and chill.. it's purely mental considering I have a deskjob and don't exhaust my muscles.

So i train early morning cuz it's a different story. especially with a nice bowl of oats, milk and chocolate protein powder.. and not to mention getting hyped up by music from prodigy, alice in chains, korn etc.

K 21,

I noticed you have said nothing about what your eating or when.

Can I recommend looking at the diet/nutrition thread.
There is some good advice going around.

Alot comes down to when you eat, not just what or how much you eat.

Also, Change it up, your mind and body get lazy after a while.
Make sure you change your routine every 6 weeks. keeps you on your toes.
Cant figure out a new routine??? Then just change the order of things when you get to the gym!

Have fun too,

Ten

Check out Matt Kroc. That guy lifts working 70 hours a week and sleeping 4-5 hours a night, its insane.

Eat whilst you train (if you have the right foods it can be done, I'll actually drink close to a litre of milk whilst I lift) and try not to do more than 3 big exercises - get in hard for a couple and get out.

I'd throw up drinking milk while training. I sip on about 10gms Aminos throughout training.

I'm always knackered after work too and I train of an early evening. I come home and have 20min nap on the couch to recharge my brain. Then get up, have my pre-workout drink and 30min later get into it, the motivation comes back pretty quick once I start lifting.

I should have written improve your heart and lung health.
A good method is the use of metabolic conditioning.
Using weights in a circuit style protocol.

Someone who is conditioned should be able to finish a session and within 20-30 minutes be able to do it again.

**** off Bluey, I like his posts lol

Kong has made more sense on forums in 2 months than I have seen from thousands of members in 5 years.

I told you guys he was switched on and simply baiting you lol

Last edited by a moderator: