• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Too may eggs?

D

Daniel

Hey everyone, this may sound strange, but is there a such thing as eating too many eggs? I currently eat 12 eggs (whites only) for breakfast each morning.

Hey everyone, this may sound strange, but is there a such thing as eating too many eggs? I currently eat 12 eggs (whites only) for breakfast each morning.

doesn't sound like a problem to me. Do you need that much protein in one sitting? Why just the whites? No yolks? If your crackin a doz', why not chuck in 3-4 yolks

i have 6 whole eggs for breakfast whenever i can. with a little cheese and sweet potato :)

i've read that eating cholesterol helps your body produce more testosterone, also that eating cholesterol doesn't necessarily raise the bad cholesterol levels in your blood. apologies for my highly scientific analysis. perhaps better educated people on here will help

i have 6 whole eggs for breakfast whenever i can. with a little cheese and sweet potato :)

That sounds tasty, how do you cook the potato?

We slice sweet potato into shoe string like french fries, put them in a bag with olive oil and a heap of paprika, shake it up and bake them for about 35min at 180. Very tasty indeed!

Last edited:
doesn't sound like a problem to me. Do you need that much protein in one sitting? Why just the whites? No yolks? If your crackin a doz', why not chuck in 3-4 yolks

Well i'm finding it hard to get 200-250grams of protein in each day, without eating a lot, and feeling overly full. 12 egg whites gives me about 50grams of protein in one serving, and dosen't leave me feeling bloated.

I've never been a breakfast person, i used to skip breakfast, and usually wouldn't eat till after mid day, and i would go on to eat a lot through out the night. I'm trying to change that, but i'm finding it hard because i'm not always hungry, or in the mood to eat. I've made a few other changes too, like swapping full cream milk for skim, and a protein shake here and there, rather than a meal.

i got my info from a different chart, but it said that one egg white, contains 1g of fat, does that sounds right?

i've read that eating cholesterol helps your body produce more testosterone, also that eating cholesterol doesn't necessarily raise the bad cholesterol levels in your blood. apologies for my highly scientific analysis. perhaps better educated people on here will help

Yes cholesterol turns into testosterone. Depending on how much of good & bad (LDL and HDL) your natural levels will vary.

That sounds tasty, how do you cook the potato?

We slice sweet potato into shoe string like french fries, put them in a bag with olive oil and a heap of paprika, shake it up and bake them for about 35min at 180. Very tasty indeed!

i'm drooling, thats much better than what i do, slicing it up into thin strips, on pan, then on plate. i'm doing yours style at lunch today!!

why do people have such an aversion to eating egg yolks? egg whites are like 90% water with a bit of protein... most of the good stuff is in the yolk.

Eaglebay, that sounds delicious! Might give it a go.

Daniel, if you are struggling to get 200-250g of protein the easiest way might be shakes? 1 scoop of Otimum Whey with 300ml of mil has 33.6g of protein in it. 6 of these a day would give you 201.6g of protein, and you could do this easily at a cost of $6 a day.

If a doz egg whites only gives you 50g, you would need to be eating 48 egg whites for the same amount - I think a doz eggs is around $2.70, which would be $10.80 a day. Nearly twice the cost and it tastes like shit.

Well i'm finding it hard to get 200-250grams of protein in each day, without eating a lot, and feeling overly full.
How big are you? The AIS recommends 1.2-2g protein per kg of bodyweight daily. So unless you're well over 100kg, much of that will be pooed and peed out.

For most people of 60-90kg bodyweight, around 110-120g protein daily will be plenty. As an example only, not a prescribed meal plan -

breakfast, 29g protein
100g oats - 17g protein
200ml milk - 7g
banana - 5g
250ml fruit juice - basically none

morning snack, 11g
50g nuts - 5g protein
boiled egg - 6g
apple - basically none

lunch, 15g
200g vegie pasta sauce - 5g
200g pasta - 10g
fruit - none

afternoon snack, 15g
250ml yoghurt - 15g

dinner, 40g
100g portion fish/meat - 25g
200g vegies - about 5g, depends

110g protein in all.​

I'd be surprised if this amount of food left you feeling bloated, you'd probably want more, in fact - at least on your training days. For training, make a workout drink of 500ml milk, 3 eggs and 100g skim milk powder, have half before and half after the workout. That's an extra 70+g protein, 80+g carbs, and 40+g fat, 1,000kcal in all.
12 egg whites gives me about 50grams of protein in one serving, and dosen't leave me feeling bloated.
6 whole eggs mixed with half a cup of milk (for an omelette) would give you the same, and cost you half as much ;)

I've never been a breakfast person [...] I'm trying to change that, but i'm finding it hard because i'm not always hungry, or in the mood to eat.
And I'm often not in the mood to lift or run, either. But if you want change, you have to work for it. And for increasing strength, fitness and changing your body composition, food is as much work as the actual lifting.

I've made a few other changes too, like swapping full cream milk for skim, and a protein shake here and there, rather than a meal.
Can't say if those are useful and good changes unless we know about your personal body composition. That is, unless you are overfat - say, a waist above 100cm for a male - the "low fat" options aren't useful.

However, I would never advise people to swap shakes for actual meals. Its fair enough to change what and how much you eat, but you must always eat actual food.

Lots of fresh fruit and vegies, nuts and beans, some meat, fish or dairy. If you want to get overall bigger, more starchy stuff (rice, spuds, bread, pasta), if you want to get overall smaller, less.
dr00 said:
why do people have such an aversion to eating egg yolks?
Because that's where most of the fat is, and fat consumption is unfashionable.

Last edited:
Well i'm finding it hard to get 200-250grams of protein in each day, without eating a lot, and feeling overly full. 12 egg whites gives me about 50grams of protein in one serving, and dosen't leave me feeling bloated.

Lololol, I can eat 500g in one sitting.

Because that's where most of the fat is, and fat consumption is unfashionable.

do people still actually think eating fat will make them fat? i thought we got past that around the same time we realised the earth wasnt flat.:p

Sadly, yes. It goes along with spot reduction, weights will make chicks bulky and the chest & biceps routine.

Sadly, yes. It goes along with spot reduction, weights will make chicks bulky and the chest & biceps routine.

my mum buys into that BS of thinking fat consumption will make ppl fat and too much weight training will make me too big. I so wish it were true.

Egg whites are ok at 12/day. 12 yolks/day would be pretty high cholesterol though, so maybe a few yolks with the egg whites would be good.

Egg whites are ok at 12/day. 12 yolks/day would be pretty high cholesterol though, so maybe a few yolks with the egg whites would be good.

Please explain to me how dietary cholesterol effects your bodys cholesterol?

CHOLESTEROL IS A GHOOD THING, **** ITS THAT IMPORTANT YOUR BODY EVEN MAKES IT THATS HOW IMPORTANT IT IS TO SUSTAIN HEALTH!!

I dont see your body producing fructose.

ITs time we end the misconceptions..

Reserach Lecithin

If you only eat egg whites you might as well eat rice crackers and go work out to jane fonda..

Oh and buy marshmellows they are 99% fat free.