• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

This $hit is REAL!

Back to dancer.

Britt with the "weak hips"

The WPC WR in the 75kg womens class for deadlift is hed by Jodie Tripp, a lovely lady I met in America. She has been competing for years. She has the WR in the Open class at 75kg.

If I told her a 20yo girl who has zero interest in PL and simply lifts because she likes to be healthy, broke her record without a belt, do you think Jodie would say that girl has weak hips?

Back on the hitching. Do you ever watch strongman deadlifting, clearly not.

Hitching is only illegal in PL competition, you can do whatever the fuck you want anywhere else.

You say I over react. When a piss ant sitting on a bouncy ball watching junior master chef posts during an add break crap like you did, about lifters you know nothing about, I'm going to react.

Stop thinking that EVERY lift done is related to PL.

Rorys lift was not a PL, he was using a trap bar FFS, have you ever used one dancer? He was pulling your squat and bench combined FFS. Try it and see how hard it is to maintain correct back position, its nothing like a DL.

I get pm's from guys on here asking why we get so much progress. I tell them its simply the effort, nothing else, no secret program, equipment etc Every lifter busts their ass.

You should try it some time dancer, or isnt that allowed in your gym?

"Let's see your buddies doing 1RM attempts, you can put the vids up, we'll see how perfect their form is."

~You're are kinda barking up the wrong tree here with what you're implying, Nip & Dave are proven top level performers. Nip won a GOLD medal at the IPF World Juniors in the deadlift, a very rare feat & Dave has deadlifted over 300 at under 90kg. I don't want this to sound defensive, I don't really give a toss but just making the point that these are 2 of australia's best ever deadlifters/lifter you are talking about.

As for the discussion itself, fair enough form can stray a little when attempting a 1rm, but significant breakdown of technique is putting the body at greater risk of injury, imo. It's no surprise that the best powerlifters in the world generally have near flawless technique.
Nev.

Rorys lift was not a PL, he was using a trap bar FFS, have you ever used one dancer? He was pulling your squat and bench combined FFS. Try it and see how hard it is to maintain correct back position, its nothing like a DL.

correct back position, on a max effort 1rm.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaxCutvMFSc"]YouTube - Tony 600 TB[/ame]

Haz

Have another look at that please.

Pay attention to his back, good posture prior the lift, but loses it under load.

One rm's are always risky.

LOL, SB did you see the video that everybody is talking about?

It looked NOTHING like that.

No I didn't sticky, I'm a form Nazi, and that wasn't good form.

I've seen many videos over the years I'm only commenting on what I see.

I understand it's very difficult to maintain correct technique, just be prepared for the consequence is all.

im all with you SB, 1rm's, especially on deadlift where you can lift more in an unsafe position should be done minimally, or not taken to absolute 100%.

Form nazi sounds about right.

im all with you SB, 1rm's, especially on deadlift where you can lift more in an unsafe position should be done minimally, or not taken to absolute 100%.

Form nazi sounds about right.
...losers talk about their best achievements, winners go home and fuck the prom queen :)

SB, have you seen the video of Rory's deadlift that we're discussing? That example haz posted up - if you don't think that it's perfect, you'd have a heart attack seeing the Rory's one. It's smart for Markos to take it down. If you have seen it, you wouldn't even bother trying to understand his excuses. Regardless of what you train for, there is no reason why anyone should be lifting with such poor form. In fact, I'd argue that if you train for pure functional strength, lifting with good form is critical and way more important than how much you lift (since you're not competing, how much you lift is irrelevant).

Markos, I didn't bother reading most of your post. How much I lift has no relevance to the argument here. Play the ball, not the man.

Oh that one, yes I saw it and didn't like it.

Look, on a public forum is like boxing, jump in the ring and prepare yourself to be hit.

Looking at that video...

Is it bad form? Yes of course.

Will it cause an injury now or down the track? Most likely.

Should it be taken personally? No.

At the end of the day if you are going to be stupid you gotta be tough.

Yes, yes but why is your bench so weak? ;)

i-aint-even-mad.jpg

Last edited: