• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

This Beast African Bodybuilder’s Backyard Gym Makes Prison Workouts Look Like Planet

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
[h=1][/h]
[h=1]This Beast African Bodybuilder’s Backyard Gym Makes Prison Workouts Look Like Planet Fitness[/h]

Most of us are guilty of complaining about the equipment in our gyms at one point or another. “Why does this POS gym only have 4 squat racks?!” and so on. If you have enough food to eat and a comfortable place to train, it’s easy to lose perspective. If you think having the best gyms with the best equipment is what it takes to achieve your full potential, get ready for an inspiring dose of reality that’ll hit you like 4 scoops of preworkout. After reading this interview with Kulbila Samson, a 24 year old bodybuilder from Ghana, you’ll have a new appreciation for hard work.
kubila-spot-me-bro.jpg
(Editor’s Note: Kulbila missed some time at the gym due to MALARIA. What did he have to say about it? “That’s Africa for you.”)
kulbila-8.jpg
Spot Me Bro: How old are you?
Kulbila: I am 24 years and will turn 25 in October 19th.
kulbila-7.jpg
Spot Me Bro:Where do you live?
Kulbila: I am from Ghana, West Africa. I live in the eastern region of Ghana in a small town called Akropong Akuapim.
kulbila-1.jpg
Spot Me Bro: What kind of workout program do you follow? And where do you get your information about training?
Kulbila: I don’t actually have a specific workout plan I just make sure I train all my body parts within the week. I train from Monday to Friday. Saturdays and Sundays are my rest days.
Spot Me Bro: Can you give me a breakdown of a typical workout, including exercises and sets?
Kulbila: Dips – 5 sets of 15, 15, 12, 10, 8 reps.
Bench press – 5 sets of 20, 15, 10, 8, 6 reps.
Inclined bench - 4 sets of 15, 12, 10, 10 reps.
Decline bench – 4 sets of 15, 12, 10, 10 and I increase weight at every stage of sets.
kulbila-6.jpg
Spot Me Bro: What is your height and weight?
Kulbila: 5’8 tall, weight 87.5kg (193lbs) now. I have reduced a little because I was 88kg due to some sickness but I will bounce back.
kulbila-5.jpg
Spot Me Bro: What are some of your favorite Ghanaian bodybuilding foods?
Kulbila: Garri and beans with fried plantain, banku with grilled fish, yam with nkontomire stew (cocoyam leafs stew), witj melon seeds, pounded yam with green soup with mushroom snails and catfish.
gari1-756466.jpg
This is what Garri looks like. It’s a popular West African food made from cassava tubers, a starchy shrub that is a popular source of carbohydrates for Ghanaians.
screen-shot-2014-06-30-at-6.16.46-pm.png
Kulbila in the kitchen chefing something up like he do. On a mission to get those carbs and calories by any means necessary.
Spot Me Bro: Tell me more about that homemade gym in your Instagram photos.
Kulbila: Oh ok, the homemade gym is owned by my friend which is not far from where I live and actually I train at two homemade gyms because both have some equipments that the other gym doesn’t so mostly I swap between them.
Spot Me Bro: Do they have names?
Kulbila: Yes we name the place I started working out as Ala’s Gym, that’s the name of the owner. The second one is called Conan’s Gym, it was also named after the owner.
kulbila-4.jpg
Spot Me Bro: Do you take any supplements, and if so what kind?
Kulbila: Yes, I have taken supplements like fish oil and multivitamins before and have also tried some creatine before but it wasn’t continuous, a friend just gave it to me to try and that was a very long time ago. And in Ghana supplements are scarce and very expensive so I base [my nutrition] on just the diets.
kulbila-2.jpg
Spot Me Bro: Do girls in Ghana like your muscles?
Kulbila: Not really. They feel scared because they think musclemen are violent (lol) which is never true.
homemade-bench.jpg
For another interesting international perspective, check out our feature on the man beast of Montenegro:Exclusive Interview with Svetozar “Kika” Nikočević
Be sure to show love to our ninja Kulbila Agyarko Samuel’s Instagram

??? That's a very attainable physique for most gym rats, no amazing super genes there.

But do you think he'd look the same if he was a 'gym rat' in a first world country with decent equipment, nutrition and supps? Or do you think the average gym rat would look the same as him if they were put in the same environment?

I think that if he grew up in a westernised country he would most likely look like shit, and I think that if your average gym rat was to be in his shoes for some time and forced to just the basics they would make the best gains they had seen in a long time. people are given to many options of equipment at gyms now and fuck around on the easy stuff, and worrying about routines and all that crap, Im from Texas, we grew up playing football, we all got strong as fuck on the basics, squats,deads,bench, overhead press chins dips curls, we didn't know what we were doing just tried for more reps and more weight and we were leaner stronger and looked far better then all the guys who were into bodybuilding even the good ones that competed

I wonder where he gets his knowledge on training and technique from. Can he facebook and forum between sets?

??? That's a very attainable physique for most gym rats, no amazing super genes there.

Attainable - yes. Would many "gym rats" ever reach that level - no. No amazing super genes? You have got to be joking.

Fuck the kunce has good genes, most gym rats will never look like that in a life time.