• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Think About Your Last Workout to Get Motivated for Your Next Workout

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
It's a struggle to get out there every day and get your blood pumping, but a new study proposes that thinking about your last workout—whether it was fun or not—can help get you motivated for another round.
The research, from the University of New Hampshire, asked participants to recall a memory of themselves exercising. Some were asked to recall a good memory, while others were asked to recall a bad memory. What the researchers found was that participants who thought about a positive memory were more inclined to exercise again, but even the participants who thought about a negative memory were more inclined to exercise than the control group, who was given no instruction of recalling memories.
It could be beneficial for you to simply recall your last workout, even if you hated it. It's about finding that motivation to get back out there and give it your best. Exercise is physical, but it's really about mind over matter.
Using memories to motivate future behaviour: An experiment exercise intervention | PubMed via PsyBlog

the only thing that motivates me for each workout is achievement of getting what i aimed for.

If I don't get what I aim for each 2-3 week cycle, I get depressed a bit.

But then I snap out of it, and go again for next 2-3 week cycle.

Same... If, for whatever reason I didn't like the way it went, I'm more determined next time.

Getting to the gym is never an issue... Pushing myself to complete failure takes a lot of focus. Some days more than others.

I never really worry about motivation. Doing weights every morning its just part of the routine now. It's probably harder not to do it.