• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Saw an older dude (wore track suit pants and singlet, obviously without the proper singlet accreditation) but that is not the event.
This kunce squeezed himself b/w 2 benches 1.5m apart and started doing sit-ups on the floor.
Both these benches were occupied, one kunce doing flys the other shoulders, both looked at him like wtf?
Thought, it's only a question of time before he gets clonked with a DB.

Why is it that every kunce is too concerned about what everyone else is lifting? I couldn't give a toss if old mate is squatting 6 plates, I don't think he's showing off, just doing what he does. I sure as shit aren't going to try and copy him either. Farken hate that.

n522916eb674a5.jpg

eh I'm sure plenty of people laugh at me too, especially when I do stupid things. Apparently I pull some good faces when squatting heavy.

Two things;
One fairly hot chick sets up on flat bench next to me, then puts here feet facing me and starts hip thrusts/glute bridge, giving me the full show,
I was oblivious until last rep....

Two: guy doing legs circuit, had smith machine doing upside down leg press, squat rack for one legged rotations ( 40kg on bar), and leg extension machine and would do weighted lunges between stations.

The upside down leg pres was odd,

Lay on your back under the smith machine, lower till your thighs hit your chest the push to lock out.

Is this normal?

An actual proper vertical leg press is an awesome old school bit of kit, but doing on the smith machine I think is just a little retarded for the danger factor...

An actual proper vertical leg press is an awesome old school bit of kit, but doing on the smith machine I think is just a little retarded for the danger factor...
Smith Machines have safeties too you know!!. Just set them just above chest height so if the bar did slip it would not come crashing down on your chest.

Smith Machines have safeties too you know!!. Just set them just above chest height so if the bar did slip it would not come crashing down on your chest.
Yeah but they don't have a foot plate at all so makes the whole thing pretty fucked, not impossible just shitty

The bar can't move other than on it's axis up and down. How can it slip off?
Not saying that's its easy for it to lip off but can still turn about 90deg to unlock it, also with using a smith machine you pretty much need someone else there when you are using it, a purpose build vertical leg press you can use by yourself and is also much more comfortable on the feet due to having an actual plate to place your feet on.

Yeah, how do you un-ratchet the smith bar in the first place when you're lying upside down missionary style on the floor, looking like a specimen that's about to be pounded by smithy?