• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Id be not even continuing my membership. That's disgusting. Are they staffed 24.7?

It's only staffed 10:30am - 7pm. Buts its only $8 a week and next door to one of my job sites atm so it's handy when I'm at that site.

Fancy that hey, Still in shock. Utter bullshit.

Why doesn't anyone at commercial gyms squat properly? Seriously!!

There's that many posts on Facebook and other shit about shitty 1/4 depth squats and squatting deep, why don't people know?

I heard a PT training someone in the squat rack beside me actually say "too low" to their trainee, then he commented on the depth of my squat being unsafe!!!
It baffles me

There's that many posts on Facebook and other shit about shitty 1/4 depth squats and squatting deep, why don't people know?

I heard a PT training someone in the squat rack beside me actually say "too low" to their trainee, then he commented on the depth of my squat being unsafe!!!
It baffles me

U let a ****** ass pt put u down?

It baffles me

It is intradasting.
If you google (images) squat, 95% of these images taken are of people squatting to high, (hip above the knee)

My thoughts are that it's more often than not people loading too much on the bar.

From the top of the squat to parallel position your bum, quads and hamstring are active, past parralel it's the glutes and quads only doing the mechanical work, big muscles, doing most of the work, causing most pain, hammies switched off.

A muscle is strongest in its contracted position, at the bottom of the squat, the two prime movers, glutes and quads are not.

Ok at gym now just waiting for my boy to finish cardio and am watching this guy repeatedly do hand stands on a step he has fallen a few times but it's all he is doing he has been doing it for about half an hr

Ok at gym now just waiting for my boy to finish cardio and am watching this guy repeatedly do hand stands on a step he has fallen a few times but it's all he is doing he has been doing it for about half an hr

Bet your man Can't do that? Or do a spinning cart wheel off the step..

I too am learning the art of the handstand. Not in a public gym though! Lots of stacks, im hopeless, but im determined to get it done

You know you have lost your way around the gym when you go to pick something up and on the way up you smash your head so hard on the barbell you knock it of the hooks! Fuark!

crossfit junkie woman this morning benching 10kg, flat, 5deg, 10deg, 15deg, 20deg or something, sets every notch up on the bench, then when she finally got off, proceeded to setup 2 benches, DB's everywhere and go from peck machine, some type of press on one bench, and decline something else i can't remember exactly, was busy squatting...

annoying as hell when one person take over 75% of the tiny weights area :(