• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I'd imagine you could use some low squat stands and have the spotters move them out of the way without too much trouble.. Not something I'd ever be keen to try though haha

That is the old school leg press. Weider used to sell some iron shoes designed to hold the bar for that particular exercise. Is the athlete pictured Reg Parks?

My gym went on a membership blitz the other week, result is noobs to amuse me til they give up. Like this one yesterday afternoon, I was using the weighted row then went and did some weighted chin ups. This bloke went and used the row after me, put 3 or 4 more plates on it then proceeded to throw his whole body forward and backwards at the fastest rate of knots he could muster, he then walked around me to the lat pull downs, hands way to wide, lent that far back he nearly was laid flat and then pulled with all his might, flat out again, what amused me was this pic in my head
3pnizb.jpg

He had the same look on his face for the entire exercise

My gym went on a membership blitz the other week, result is noobs to amuse me til they give up. Like this one yesterday afternoon, I was using the weighted row then went and did some weighted chin ups. This bloke went and used the row after me, put 3 or 4 more plates on it then proceeded to throw his whole body forward and backwards at the fastest rate of knots he could muster, he then walked around me to the lat pull downs, hands way to wide, lent that far back he nearly was laid flat and then pulled with all his might, flat out again, what amused me was this pic in my head
3pnizb.jpg

He had the same look on his face for the entire exercise

That pic reminds me off this one

6944B49E-27BE-4C97-A87B-1AC99807D614-311-000000259663BCB9_zpsd23ee6e8.jpg

I was onto my last set of squats, then some dude comes in and starts squatting in the rack next to me. I knew I was up for some secret LOL's when he set the safety bars almost at chest height. Starts off with 60, then 100, 140.. Every rep 1/4 depth and in between sets would walk around, chest puffed up, arms out by his side as though he was carrying an invisible keg under each arm.. Absolutely hate guys like this.

Some noob every time I would do an excercise he would go do it. First dips he copies then I did some dumbell floor presses then he just happend to have them in he's routine then to test waters I went and done some random shoulder presses which he did. What a moron.

And two weekend warriors shoulder pressing every weight they could barely lift slamming them down high fiveing each other and leaving a trail of dumbells on the floor as they moved from bench to bench... Had I not been in a rush I would made sure they re racked there weights the clowns. Hate idiots like these 2

Some noob every time I would do an excercise he would go do it. First dips he copies then I did some dumbell floor presses then he just happend to have them in he's routine then to test waters I went and done some random shoulder presses which he did. What a moron.

Take this as a compliment mate, means he must have been mirin your lifts or size to want to copy you. I have this often in commercial gyms, as long as they dont interfere with or steal my squat rack i dont really give 2 shits, just smile and let it motivate you!

Take this as a compliment mate, means he must have been mirin your lifts or size to want to copy you. I have this often in commercial gyms, as long as they dont interfere with or steal my squat rack i dont really give 2 shits, just smile and let it motivate you!

Its the McFLy show bra..the show must go on!

And two weekend warriors shoulder pressing every weight they could barely lift slamming them down high fiveing each other and leaving a trail of dumbells on the floor as they moved from bench to bench...

lol, we got midnight cowboys at my gym, I seldom go there in the evenings but when I have after 9 pm I see nearly exactly that, they dont seem to do much else the entire time I am there.