• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I saw similar to the guy planking on the bosu ball, except he was doing terrible pushups on three bosu balls. This guy also has a horrendous deadlift (snap city) and does quarter rep dumbell presses. Absolute fitness master.

Yesterday, one of the ladies at SSG tested her maxes on squat, bench, deadlift and OHP. I think she said this is after 11 weeks of doing full squats after converting from conventional wisdom. She got 55kg on squats (she attempted heavier and failed twice), 45kg on bench press (after failing 45kg twice), 80kg on DL (she had it in her head that she wouldn't even be able to get 70kg for another month), and I think 32.5kg on OHP. Not a bad effort after not-quite three months of real training.
Damn Cross-Fit is going too far
Crossfitters don't use machines.

Yesterday, one of the ladies at SSG tested her maxes on squat, bench, deadlift and OHP. I think she said this is after 11 weeks of doing full squats after converting from conventional wisdom. She got 55kg on squats (she attempted heavier and failed twice), 45kg on bench press (after failing 45kg twice), 80kg on DL (she had it in her head that she wouldn't even be able to get 70kg for another month), and I think 32.5kg on OHP. Not a bad effort after not-quite three months of real training.

Crossfitters don't use machines.

A can of worms has been opend !!! ! Lettts geeet readddy to rummmmbllleee

My fitness first has actually bought some new equipment. I nearly fell over.

No squat rack/bench, but a new chinup/dip station, free weight standing calf machine (rather than the current cable version) and another chinup/dip station with the elbow pads for roman chairs/hanging leg raises.

No squat rack/bench, but a new chinup/dip station, free weight standing calf machine (rather than the current cable version) and another chinup/dip station with the elbow pads for roman chairs/hanging leg raises.
If be wiping my sweet all over that :)

WOW, your FF must be pretty povo, even though i dont like FF i do train there as i have a cheap deal and it is nice and convenient being both close to home and work.

BUT, it has 2 squat racks, 2 smith machines, 2 leg presses, Heaps of DB's although only upto 50kg, 2 Flat benches, 1 decline and 1 incline, plus about 6-8 free benches (which could be increased)

So equipment wise is pretty good.

WOW, your FF must be pretty povo, even though i dont like FF i do train there as i have a cheap deal and it is nice and convenient being both close to home and work.

BUT, it has 2 squat racks, 2 smith machines, 2 leg presses, Heaps of DB's although only upto 50kg, 2 Flat benches, 1 decline and 1 incline, plus about 6-8 free benches (which could be increased)

Are they franchised?

I'm in the biggest FF in Qld - but biggest doesn't translate to most equipment, as they waste their enormous floor space on other things like 3 different sets of machines (hammer strength - which is good, but also cable machines and then gas powered machines).

Mine is about the same as yours, 1 less smith machine but 3 flat benches and 2 inclines (instead of no decline - nor any decline ab benches).

I saw similar to the guy planking on the bosu ball, except he was doing terrible pushups on three bosu balls. This guy also has a horrendous deadlift (snap city) and does quarter rep dumbell presses. Absolute fitness master.

was this the bald hunchback bloke? with the im assuming son/workmate with equally snap city form?

He asked me why i squatted as deep as i did and then tried to tell me i would soon hurt myself yesterday.

Dont know, but from what i have heard and in their defence it is supposedly one of the largest and profitable FF in Vic.

So is McDonald's but that's not a good defence either lol at all the commercial semi fitness gyms I trained at i like fenix not that I would join there again but there decent and provide good free weights and machines.

which fatty first is that?

-Group of three new years resolutioners walk in tonight
-One walks into the power rack, which would have been set up perfectly for him to squat
-Gets the bar on his shoulders and balances it there
-Picks up one of the safety bars out of the rack and drops it on the ground, making a huge noise
-Does the same with the other one
-All this while the bar is balanced on his back
-Puts the bar back in the hooks
-Proceeds to do his first set with 100 kg without warming up at all, almost falls over a couple of times, 1/4 repping the whole time