• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Saw this little guy set up to dip between two benches with a 20kg plate on his stomach, he then proceeded to do some sort of weird flailing technique similar to a salmon out of water with around an inch of rom.

Same guy was recently told off for making the gym carpet look like it had been attacked by a pack of savage animals...instead of sliding the plates off the bp and putting them back he would slide them banging onto the floor below for some strange reason, AND then put them back.

Last edited:
Saw this little guy set up to dip between two benches with a 20kg plate on his stomach, he then proceeded to do some sort of weird flailing technique similar to a salmon out of water with around an inch of rom.

Same guy was recently told off for making the gym carpet look like it had been attacked by a pack of savage animals...instead of sliding the plates off the bp and putting them back he would slide them banging onto the floor below for some strange reason, AND then put them back.

I blame the whole cross it thing for most of the rediculous things were arre seeing in the gyms these days, sure years ago there were still people doing silly things but this was generally coz they knew no better and needed to be shown some decent form or the proper way of doing an exercise, these days it is too easy to jump on YouTube, type in crossfit and come up with a range of completely rediculously looking exercises which most look down right dangerous...

On Wednesday I saw the guy again that sets up the rack backwards to bench, unracking the bar towards his face

two bros arguing about whether decline or incline or flyes hit the lower chest better and which one gives you that deep channel between the pecs...

I blame the whole cross it thing for most of the rediculous things were arre seeing in the gyms these days, sure years ago there were still people doing silly things but this was generally coz they knew no better and needed to be shown some decent form or the proper way of doing an exercise, these days it is too easy to jump on YouTube, type in crossfit and come up with a range of completely rediculously looking exercises which most look down right dangerous...

bloody crossfit...dont get me started on those ridiculous kip pullups/chinups.:mad:

Had some chick tell me I do "weird things" in the gym. I was squatting :|

Power rack curl bro was there too.

Two middle aged women having a good old chin wag throughout every set of their leg presses.

Saw a trainer trying to coach a power clean woefully. The unco kid was almost toppling over backwards with each lift, yet the trainer kept adding weights on, telling him that "you've got good form there mate, keep it up". After that they went onto leg raises, tricep kickbacks, and the exercise bike.

Does not compute!

Gotta love em. They seem to have no real idea about anything in particular.
Training at my bros gym this past weekend and saw a trainer "teaching" the squat. No mention of knees out, chest up, nothing. Basically knee bends. Wonder what the kid thought as he watched me teaching my bro and his gf the squat...:rolleyes:

The same douche that's always there, huge arms and average everything else. Way too much weight, very little ROM and the. Dropping weights from an almighty height, throwing his weight belt away like it was rubbish then off to get a drink infront of the mirror.

This one popped up on my newsfeed.

577191_544536192229576_1595047451_n.jpg

Saw a dude doing something that looked like overhead push press.... but his arms only went up to 45 degrees from the rack position (if that)...