• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Yeah what Big J said^^^

Those fat soles and springy running shoes are no good for deadlifts and squats...

Bare feet is a good option... Vans chucks and volleys or any shoe with thin soles is ideal for big lifts...

You can buy weight lifting specific shoes... I have seen them with wooden soles...

I used to do my lifts at FF barefoot. Stroll into the weights area with thongs. Would get the strangest looks but became the norm.
So liberating!

Lolz... Suprised you got away with it...

I used to wait till I was in the squat rack before taking my shoes off...

Damn commercial gyms...:D

Lolz... Suprised you got away with it...

I used to wait till I was in the squat rack before taking my shoes off...

Damn commercial gyms...:D

I think its common knowledge that if you drop a 20kg plate on your foot, it doesn't matter if you're wearing running shoes, chucks or bare feet.:p
Its gonna bloody hurt!! Lol

Crazy man was back in the gym this morning.

Running on the treadmill. Bum bag slung around his waist, hot pink singlet, Warwick Capper short shorts, John McEnroe bright yellow headband, terry towling wrist bands and green leg warmers. ipod in, eyes closed, shaking his head from side to side and running for his life.

I was in the middle of my barbell seated leg raises and I burst out laughing and couldn't stop. Matt the owner burst out laughing, to the point he had to crouch behind the counter to hide himself shamefully until the moment subsided.

I finished my 5th set, wiped the tears from my eyes and started to gather my things to leave.

Crazy guy with headband suddenly started singing on the top of his voice whilst still running "Don't you wish your girlfriend was hot like me" whilst extracting a mentos from his bum bag and popping it into his mouth.

I commend him, he didn't miss a beat, still running his heart out.

I could barely breathe or see...as the tears clouded my vision....:D

The End.

Great start to my morning and it's the gift that keeps on giving, I have burst into spontaneous laughter at least a handful of times today, just remembering the experience :D

Last edited:
I used to do my lifts at FF barefoot. Stroll into the weights area with thongs. Would get the strangest looks but became the norm.
So liberating!

What no vibrams??

Man those freaks crack me up in the gym. Thats some creepy looking footwear.

Crazy man was back in the gym this morning.

Running on the treadmill. Bum bag slung around his waist, hot pink singlet, Warwick Capper short shorts, John McEnroe bright yellow headband, terry towling wrist bands and green leg warmers. ipod in, eyes closed, shaking his head from side to side and running for his life.

I was in the middle of my barbell seated leg raises and I burst out laughing and couldn't stop. Matt the owner burst out laughing, to the point he had to crouch behind the counter to hide himself shamefully until the moment subsided.

I finished my 5th set, wiped the tears from my eyes and started to gather my things to leave.

Crazy guy with headband suddenly started singing on the top of his voice whilst still running "Don't you wish your girlfriend was hot like me" whilst extracting a mentos from his bum bag and popping it into his mouth.

I commend him, he didn't miss a beat, still running his heart out.

I could barely breathe or see...as the tears clouded my vision....:D

The End.

Great start to my morning and it's the gift that keeps on giving, I have burst into spontaneous laughter at least a handful of times today, just remembering the experinece :D

OMG that is halarious I have a similar guy at my gym except he wears fluro tights, a bum bag, and a swimming cap, he was next to me on the treddy I had to keep looking forward in order not to laugh

your guy sounds like a Richard Simmons fan (who I do secretly love for his theatrics)

Attachments

• richards-simmons-orange-tutu-09072011-lead.jpg
    richards-simmons-orange-tutu-09072011-lead.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 43
OMG that is halarious I have a similar guy at my gym except he wears fluro tights, a bum bag, and a swimming cap, he was next to me on the treddy I had to keep looking forward in order not to laugh

your guy sounds like a Richard Simmons fan (who I do secretly love for his theatrics)

A swimming cap??? On the treadmill???? lmfaoooooooooooooooooo

Jesus.

And why is it always harder to hold laughter in, when you're trying SO hard not to laugh!??????

Fuck I just exploded and I couldn't stop. I went from the strangulated guffaw into the silent mutley laugh with tears streaming down my face and every time I looked at him again, it would just spontaneously bubble out of me - gave my core an excellent workout trying to stop though! lolol

The owner of the gym was a disgrace, he lost his shit SO badly and SO completely - that made me laugh even more :D

Ahhh god bless these people for being in the world. Laughter is indeed the very best thing in the world :p

Excellent Richard Simmons pic btw - go the tutu! lol

Fuck I just exploded and I couldn't stop. I went from the strangulated guffaw into the silent mutley laugh with tears streaming down my face and every time I looked at him again, it would just spontaneously bubble out of me - gave my core an excellent workout trying to stop though! lolol

Yeh I started to crack up took a breath and a drink to muffle my inner joy, I don't actually know if he knows it is a swimming cap, none the less it did make my day hahahah

Yesterday my mate and I were at the gym and I ended up spotting a senior citizen lol, but he was squatting 250kg:eek: he only did 3x3 reps but still after talking to him I found out he was 60 my mate has the pics on FB I'll see if I can upload them, never to old I suppose lol

Yesterday my mate and I were at the gym and I ended up spotting a senior citizen lol, but he was squatting 250kg:eek: he only did 3x3 reps but still after talking to him I found out he was 60 my mate has the pics on FB I'll see if I can upload them, never to old I suppose lol

This, is awesome Woodsy! :)

girls, get those phone cameras rolling, dont cha

lol I don't take my phone to the gym, I'll have to start! :p

The same dude still doing curls. Curls, curls, curls is all this dude does. Big, huge arms but tiny chest, back and legs. He also sports quite a good gut.

I saw a guy squatting 180kg for reps, making it look effortless. :eek:

Noteworthy because you hardly ever see people squatting AT ALL around there. So, awesomer. :)

Guy needed 20 something kg dumbbells handed to him for bench press
All of my why, I've never been able to press more than I can get into position with, even on seated press it's easy to clean the bells to your shoulders and then sit down

even on seated press it's easy to clean the bells to your shoulders and then sit down

THIS.

I made this suggestion to a guy at my gym who was really struggling to repeatedly get the DBs up, and he just looked at me like I was retarded. He did it once (with ease) to humour me, then went back to struggling the bounce them up from his knees. Mumbled something about his back not being able to handle it.

Cause yeah, it's definitely better to buck around in a seat with no damping (knees) for your back, than to simply flick some 25kg dumbbells up there before you get started.

Are you sure?

Even if he did 250x1 that would make him one of the strongest 50+ year olds in Australia...

Capo current record for 60 year old equipped, which I'm guessing this guy isn't, is 255kg. Raw is 200kg.

Powerlifting Australia raw record is 185kg raw. Equipped is 225kg.

It's a little hard to believe bud... Sure it wasn't 150kg for reps?

Are you sure?

Even if he did 250x1 that would make him one of the strongest 50+ year olds in Australia...

Capo current record for 60 year old equipped, which I'm guessing this guy isn't, is 255kg. Raw is 200kg.

Powerlifting Australia raw record is 185kg raw. Equipped is 225kg.

It's a little hard to believe bud...
If you have FB my mates name is Jesse fogarty it's about half way his page