• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
My gym is full of that and is always packed full of 16 year olds curling in front of the mirrors. Occasionally we get the one guy that will lift 5 plates a side, rare sight though.

Time to invest in a home gym or a serious lifting gym... If they exist in Adelaide :/

gotta love OH Squats with an empty barbell on a BOSU Ball and in vibrams...
Please, any PT who'd have you doing OH Squats on a bosu ball is chronically and deathly allergic to barbells. Everyone knows this. The client would be holding a resistance band between their hands instead.

I saw the deadlift video on the musashi website yesterday. Oh dear, this explains so many of the awful deadlifts I've seen. At least his back's straight, but there's no way you'd get a good weight up with that, at least not as good as you should be able to get.

Trusted Performance Nutrition, Musashi training program selector - musashi.com.au

Oh sad day.

new year's eve must be genetic freak day.

So demotivating training around guys who are barely even pushing themselves, have only been training for less than 6 months, and are bigger and thicker than you are after years of hard training.

fuck genetics

My gym is full of that and is always packed full of 16 year olds curling in front of the mirrors. Occasionally we get the one guy that will lift 5 plates a side, rare sight though.

Time to invest in a home gym or a serious lifting gym... If they exist in Adelaide :/

What gym you at?

We have Strength Clubs popping up everywhere right now, I am about to start a second one at McLaren Vale on top of the all ready going Prospect :)

At the gym I go to (fitness first) today.

Theres 2 squat racks and a smith there. The 2 squat racks were being used for pendlay rows and the smith machine was being used for seated overhead press.

The guy on the seated overhead smith machine press had a spotter who was pressing his elbows up for him.

The 2 guys both using squat racks for pendlay rows were spending ages between sets. I was about to ask them if i could work between their sets and they walked away. They did like workset - rest - workset - rest - walk away... why the fuck would you stand there resting if you didn't have another set!

I wish there was decent gyms in perth.

^i can't stand it when a group of people doing the same exercise, sets, everything who obviously go to the gym together take up more than 1 piece of equipment. One time i had 4 skinny kids all sitting on a flat bench doing db curls... WTF. I ask one how much sets he has left, says 2 so im like okay this won't take long. They talk for about 3 minutes between sets of curls.

Anyone experiencing some stupid thing new years resolutioners do? I walked past the smith machine and saw some guy with 1 plate on each side doing smith bench press, he had the weight just sitting on his chest, i walk past at first thinking wtf, then i decide to go back and ask him ,"looks like your stuck, want me to take it off." (I ask by the way cause ive seen dickheads not asking if someone needs help and they didn't need help, especially on bench press and just yanking the bar up.) So he replies, "nah im just resting." he was resting the bar there for a few minutes in between his sets lol. Could have just put the bar on the hook but oh well.

I think it was busy just because people set new year resolutions to get into the gym more, which is great except that they'll be done by february.

jesus christ where do i begin...
big samoan guy does a set, then danced looking at himself in the mirror...
guy doing lat pull down with too much weight and idnt know when to give up, his spot was practically doing a tricep push down.
the same guy would go "yeah baby" or something like that before each set.
guy doing barbell rows with like 120kg... 4 inch ROM
guy attempting to teach powercleans... "you got to like just flick it up and arch your back so the power transfers to your upper body"
guy doing squats... feet like 6 inches appart.
and the usual guys doing various DB exercises while jizzing over their reflection in the mirror.

minh asked the girl if they have a power rack. she replied "ohh umm.... whats a power rack?"

worst atmosphere, get more psyched up at home alone lol

got some funny looks when we walked in with our own bar HAHAHAHA took my eleiko bar in so that we had a good bar to lift with.

the place got the job done, air conditioning was good. other then that, could of trained at home for free and put up with a little heat

Last edited:
Late pulldowns with a spotter, like so he doesn't hurt himself lifting something heavy... Fark