• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
This guy today blew me away. He came into the gym, did some stretching, then jumped up on the chin-up bar and did some leg raises with twists. Great...

then he spent the next 15 mins literally playing with his ipod. before doing some more leg raises. not sure what he did after that because I'd finished all my exercises and was headed out.

Today I saw a guy squatting 30kg. No big deal there, thats what I started with, 10kg on each side of the bar. But his depth was virtually non-existant. He was literally doing more head bobbing than knee bending. Either it was some weird excercise Ive never seen, or very bad squats.

Today I saw a guy squatting 30kg. No big deal there, thats what I started with, 10kg on each side of the bar. But his depth was virtually non-existant. He was literally doing more head bobbing than knee bending. Either it was some weird excercise Ive never seen, or very bad squats.

wouldnt it be 40kg if it is an olympic barbell?

I see this sometimes at my gym. I am more surprised that there is actually someone squatting in the rack rather then them squatting down 2 inches though lol.

gahh... I used to count the bar as 20kg, but then people told me they thought it couldnt possibly be that much. So i settled on 10kg.. now you say 20.. GAH DOES IT NEVER END?
I should grab the damn thing and stand it up on the weighing station in the cardio room lol.

gahh... I used to count the bar as 20kg, but then people told me they thought it couldnt possibly be that much. So i settled on 10kg.. now you say 20.. GAH DOES IT NEVER END?
I should grab the damn thing and stand it up on the weighing station in the cardio room lol.
If it is a 7ft oly bar it is 20kg. It doesn't feel heavy because the weight is spread out, sounds silly but it's true.

Sweet, Now i don't feel like such a pussy starting on 50KG! Going for 70KG tonight, i have done it before but taking it easy due to my knees.

lifting small weights doesn't make you a pussy. All of my mates who talk about lifting are yet to make it to my shed to actually do something, they're pussies.

Saw the vein running along my left bicep in the gym mirror for the first time ever today, which is great feedback while I'm getting lean :D

Saw a 68kg guy deadlifting 225 raw for 3x5, fast & with perfect form. On the very last rep, it was a little grindy. He shook his head & said "that's terrible!"

Made my lifting feel even more like a little girl's.

kesha-swimsuit03241008.jpg

Kesha-Pancake-Butt-Running-In-One-Piece-Bikini.jpg

pancakes anyone?