• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Spotted Brosef #1 today - same dude that once asked me for a spot cos he was 'benching heavy' with 20kg dumbells. Not sure if he was doing a back exercise or concentration curls today? Had a flat bar on the low pulley, squatted down with elbows locked in to knees, then just rocked back and forth. I couldn't work out WTF he was doing but would have been doing them for a good half hour - 45 mins. I'm not sure he's all there or has too much pre-workout cos he just cuts laps around the gym between sets.
Always walks right up to the mirror, pulls a pose or two, takes his earphones out and has a quiet word to himself. Even did it once right in my squat rack when I was resting. So fucking off putting!

On the plus side though, there was the most unassuming guy squatting 180kg for reps. I was impressed

Last edited:
Lots of tight hotties today, most quite small though so was nice haha

Got to my usual coffee haunt and a chick comes in from a shop a few doors up in the tightest jeans I have ever seen. Great bod.

Had someone at the gym on the juice, I dunno why but I chuckle at guys on the juice that are shorter than me..

Spotted Brosef #1 today - same dude that once asked me for a spot cos he was 'benching heavy' with 20kg dumbells. Not sure if he was doing a back exercise or concentration curls today? Had a flat bar on the low pulley, squatted down with elbows locked in to knees, then just rocked back and forth. I couldn't work out WTF he was doing but would have been doing them for a good half hour - 45 mins. I'm not sure he's all there or has too much pre-workout cos he just cuts laps around the gym between sets.
Always walks right up to the mirror, pulls a pose or two, takes his earphones out and has a quiet word to himself. Even did it once right in my squat rack when I was resting. So fucking off putting!

On the plus side though, there was the most unassuming guy squatting 180kg for reps. I was impressed

we probably go to the same gym, there is this kunce that constantly walks around in circles mumbling to himself, not a mutter here and there, but a full debate, then laughs, then continues the conversation with his imaginary friend.
He a nice enough guy, But the boy's def NQR.

Saw a guy on the decline bench with a pair of dumbells, do a situp with the dumbells close to his chest then as he was in the decline position, did a flye with the dumbells, then situp and so on, alternating between the two. Never seen that before.

Saw a guy last night dumbbell bench pressing inside the smith machine.
Not using the smith machine, just had a bench set up inside it, pressing away.
There was only 2 other people in the weights room so no idea why he chose that particular spot but oh well. Each to their own I guess...

saw a guy last night dumbbell bench pressing inside the smith machine.
Not using the smith machine, just had a bench set up inside it, pressing away.
There was only 2 other people in the weights room so no idea why he chose that particular spot but oh well. Each to their own i guess...

lol

Saw a guy on the decline bench with a pair of dumbells, do a situp with the dumbells close to his chest then as he was in the decline position, did a flye with the dumbells, then situp and so on, alternating between the two. Never seen that before.

The trainer for Brad Cooper, Ashley Conrad I believe, has an 8 exercise ab program which includes db flyes on a bosu ball. I think they are performed in the crunch position maybe? Perhaps the exercise was inspired!

I saw some strange things at gym last night, one of which was a guy performing the fastest crunches I have ever seen.. legs crossed in there and performing 1/2-1/4 ROM as fast as he could go. Old guy had some pep in him thats for sure.

How is that even possible? Squatting in the curl rack makes more sense than that.

I miss Spin classes with chicks and their extra tight tights lol

Haha.. back a few posts... 'Squats ON the flat bench' ?? Srs? :D

Kinda like when the Asian folk using our toilets and they have to put signs up saying that they should'nt stand on the seat and squat over the bowl as is the case in their native lands...

Never did master the squat dump... And the thought of using one of the hosey things to wash out the contents of my crack on the bathroom floor was less than appealing.

Edit : On topic again... Probably already posted this back a dozen pages or so, but have seen it again recently.

The back extension contraption. You know the 45 degree pads and ankle supports that allow you to do back extensions. Not a machine per se, but a piece of equipment none the less.

Anyways, saw another (older) gentleman. Obviously new to the gym and equipment doing it in REVERSE. I.e. was facing the ceiling and hyper extending this back toward the ground.. Looked fucken painful! and could not have been good for his back.

Did a couple reps and I think he knew he had cocked it up so just meandered around for a bit playing with bits of equipment.

The usual, someone doing standing dumbell curls in the squat rack.

I thought this had become redundant with all the piss taking that goes on about it but I saw two bros doing it today. I can kind of understand if you're curling more than the heaviest preset barbells and there's no other barbells around to use but when you're curling just the bar, it ain't right!

I saw a fella do at least 100 chin-ups yesterday. 2" ROM and movement initiated with the feet.

And I taught a female PT how to do a bar roll over thing. Starting from Lsit or hanging leg raise. That was fairly uncommon to see.

LOL at squatting on the bench!

I see dudes deadlifting in the smith machine all the time. Cos it doesn't go all the way to the floor, they then stand on a flat bench. I don't know why they don't use those little steps instead of being half a metre off the ground? Well, I don't know why they deadlift there in the first place!

Are guys intimidated by hot chicks squatting in yoga shorts?
Saw a hottie today, not sure how but she managed to get the pegs on the rack misaligned so one side was higher than the other. She did her set and went to rack the bar but it was on the piss so you can see her trying to work out how she's going to get it off her back. There's another 4 guys in the free weights area that can see the poor girl struggling but nobody gets up to help her out. I gave them all plenty of time as I was furtherest away but no one even flinched so I moved the peg for her.

I'll put that one down to stage #1 of @Grunta 's master plan and come back for stage #2 at a later date.