• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
There's a blind guy who swims at the pool where I go. He's swum the English Channel, fit bloke. I've never really watched him before, but today I saw him hit his head almost every lap on the end of the pool. Obviously was out of whack with his strokes. Is it rude to laugh??
I've helped him before when he dropped all his coins and couldn't find them, and he still doesn't acknowledge my existence! Hahah

Adam Goodes and some other swans player swimming in the lane beside me at the pool this morning. Both in good shape. I don't follow the afl so not sure who the other bloke was. I felt like a short nugget next to them! Lol

saw a sign for a comp during May for most reps (full movement) on 50% of bodyweight for bench press. Will aim for 65 reps.

In my home gym (lounge), i watched my 4 year old daughter come back from 4-0 down to win Xbox volleyball.

Have never shown her game, so my jaw dropped when i saw her mastering game.

When i tried it a few days ago, i was useless.

She loves games. Her mum's cousin ran in olympics, so i am hoping she likes sports and gets reasobale at something and enjoys it.

Saw a guy tie an elastic band to the squat rack about shoulder high, wrap the other end around his wrist and do something like a rear delt exercise. His arm was straight out to the side at 90deg to his toso, elbow bent at 90 and forearm pioting straight up (like a cactus growing in Mexico).
Then he would move the forearm backwards to stretch the elastic, all the movement was b/w the hand & elbow, no arm or shoulder looked involved.
Been trying to figure what it is for, looks and feels very uncomforable in the shoulder, short movement, almost looked like a 70s dance move rather then a strength execise.
Anyone know whats it all about?
Is it injury specific?
Is it specific to a sport discipline?
Anyone else seen it?
Has me stumped.

I think today was the one and only time i have thought a phone (with camera) in the gym would have been awesome....

There was this chick with the most amazing legs and arse, i got busted staring that many times, but it just didnt faze me, i just couldnt stop staring.....

Saw a guy tie an elastic band to the squat rack about shoulder high, wrap the other end around his wrist and do something like a rear delt exercise. His arm was straight out to the side at 90deg to his toso, elbow bent at 90 and forearm pioting straight up (like a cactus growing in Mexico).
Then he would move the forearm backwards to stretch the elastic, all the movement was b/w the hand & elbow, no arm or shoulder looked involved.
Been trying to figure what it is for, looks and feels very uncomforable in the shoulder, short movement, almost looked like a 70s dance move rather then a strength execise.
Anyone know whats it all about?
Is it injury specific?
Is it specific to a sport discipline?
Anyone else seen it?
Has me stumped.

It sounds like a rehab exercise for shoulders, probably rotator cuff. Seen it at the physio a few times....

It sounds like a rehab exercise for shoulders, probably rotator cuff. Seen it at the physio a few times....

Yup... definitely sounds like a rotator cuff type rehabilitative exercise.

I should know, my shoulders fucked.

Just goes to show, we shouldn't always be so judgemental about other peoples routines unless we know their goals or backgrounds.