• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Saw 2 newbs on the bench doing weight that was way too heavy for them, doing 1/3 ROM reps at warp speed... Wasn't sure whether to say something or let them be, what are your thoughts?

Saw 2 newbs on the bench doing weight that was way too heavy for them, doing 1/3 ROM reps at warp speed... Wasn't sure whether to say something or let them be, what are your thoughts?

You'll possibly look like a tosser, to them if you decide to critique, unless you look like Arnold, this seems to make a difference.

There seems to be this ongoing conversation about protien powders, Pre workout, post workout and supplements in general by kids in the change room everytime I'm there.

Blokes measuring and mixing powders that look like they haven't even done a workout, I mean not a drop of sweat, not a hint of fatigue.

On Friday saw a bloke walk into the gym that must have been close to 150kg. Proceeds to work up to 6 plates a side squat, then 4 plates a side bench. Go over to talk to him and it turned out his name is Adrian Tullo, World Class Powerlifter from Tassie. Had a good chat to him. Seemed like a good bloke.

There seems to be this ongoing conversation about protien powders, Pre workout, post workout and supplements in general by kids in the change room everytime I'm there.

Blokes measuring and mixing powders that look like they haven't even done a workout, I mean not a drop of sweat, not a hint of fatigue.

It seems to be the hype, when mates and blokes at work have had a crack at lifting they instantly jump on to as many powders as possible and carry the shit around with them most of the day showing it off, this usually lasts a few weeks until they run out or just give up, then you ask what they have done at the gym, and the usual reply is that they haven't had time to get there yet :rolleyes:

I find this rather amusing as well, seeing blokes like these walk out of the gym fresh as a daisy, whereas I limp out soaking wet, looking like I've been uppercutted a dozen times.

On Friday saw a bloke walk into the gym that must have been close to 150kg. Proceeds to work up to 6 plates a side squat, then 4 plates a side bench. Go over to talk to him and it turned out his name is Adrian Tullo, World Class Powerlifter from Tassie. Had a good chat to him. Seemed like a good bloke.

I like this story.

Saw berrick Barnes at the pool today. Hand in a cast/bandage. I hope he never plays again, he kicks way too much. Alot bigger than I thought he'd be, over 6 foot tall.

Saw berrick Barnes at the pool today. Hand in a cast/bandage. I hope he never plays again, he kicks way too much. Alot bigger than I thought he'd be, over 6 foot tall.

Give him a boot in the back of the knee for me too.. useless plonker kick kick kick

View attachment 7052

Pitch black as I did my first sesh on an exercise bike since before my back op. 5am start. Good warm up for the day as I've been very stiff the last few days.
Half hour was harder than I remember. Sweat every where

A guy quarter squatting 60 kg with one of those blue plastic shoulder things on the bar, with a towel wrapped around it.