• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Saw a guy at a mates gym hanging from the pullup bar not moving for ages, I couldn't figure out what he was doing and figured he was just stretching out his back. Well I was kinda right...I over heard him and his mate talking about how stretching like this will lengthen the lats to get a bigger back..

I had to turn away and try and contain myself.. Go the bro's!

Sounds like strong bro science lol

A very effective bodybuilding program called doggcrapp uses hanging from bar as lat stretch. Tell Dante its broscience. Prob the best lat stretch goin

Saw a guy at a mates gym hanging from the pullup bar not moving for ages, I couldn't figure out what he was doing and figured he was just stretching out his back. Well I was kinda right...I over heard him and his mate talking about how stretching like this will lengthen the lats to get a bigger back..

I had to turn away and try and contain myself.. Go the bro's!

I do that as part of my normal stretching every morning.
Its a good stretch

Static stretching between sets can improve the muscles range of motion and flexibility which all helps to work the muscle during your workout.

If he was following the DC training l thought you did those weighted and with straps and just hang there for as long as your lats / back can take it. Could be wrong though.

Last edited:
I am not racist i married an asian woman but i laughed badly this morning Saw a skinny Chinese kid walking waking around in a t back singlet gloves and a belt doing only machine work loll felt sorry for him he thought he was jay cutler or something. Dont know why if u are doing machine ot work u would need a belt esp that its not even leg or back work and the sad part was he was doing only shoulders. I seenhim do a few 7 kg flys but that's only free weight I saw. If he's a resolution noob I don't know why all the gear haha

I am not racist i married an asian woman but i laughed badly this morning Saw a skinny Chinese kid walking waking around in a t back singlet gloves and a belt doing only machine work loll felt sorry for him he thought he was jay cutler or something. Dont know why if u are doing machine ot work u would need a belt esp that its not even leg or back work and the sad part was he was doing only shoulders. I seenhim do a few 7 kg flys but that's only free weight I saw. If he's a resolution noob I don't know why all the gear haha

Bodybuilding 101