• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

The Warrior Diet

HIThopper

Guys

Have a quick read of this info on a diet I have been following for the past 3 months or so. Since starting my weight is down about 8-10kg, I have dropped 4 inches off my waist (2 belt notches on my Toro).My strength (Powerlifting) has continued to soar, workout energy is crazy and I sleep better than I EVER have.

Warrior Diet - Iron Addicts Forums

It may seem CRAZY at the start but honestly give it a shot for a good month and see how it affects you. I was very skeptical but now a beleiver.I have actually tweaked this setup with more calories to begin lean massing again. So far it seems to work well.

A few pointers to save you troubles

Log and weigh your food, everyday
Maximise the underfeeding part of the day
Use fats to buffer your whey protein
Cointrol yourself during refeeds

I am curious to get some feedback if any of you guys try this.

There been discussion on this before, sounds like a great routine though

it sounds more like a fat loss then a bulking diet, or can you go all out and binge eat 5000 calories in the 4 hour refeeding window?
stuff like 1000 calorie shakes, fatty meat/fish, rice, vegetables, yoghurt, oils, ect

It definately works well for fatloss, I also lost zero muscle so far.

A 5000 calorie refeed would be awesome, right now I get about 3800, and am still very slowly losing fat and gaining muscle. No need to change anything yet.

I also do a slightly longer refeed window of about 5-6 hours now, still plenty of time in the underfeeding part of the day to burn fat.

Have you tried it?

alan aragon said:
most of my clients who used to be overweight or obese were on the warrior diet without knowing it - before they changed their horrendous habits & got into shape. i know this for a fact, via taking their diet histories as a matter of standard assessment protocol. but, this same phenomenon of bad habits goes for most of the nation's busy working class; they skip breakfast, eat very little during the day, & work up to a huge gut-bomb of a dinner. now just take a look at the average physique. the evidence is OBVIOUSLY HEAVY.

basically, the warrior diet is the biggest crock of bull**** piece of **** fad diet scheme i've come across since the blood type diet. the author is a former political satire artist for penthouse magazine. he also happens to have good genetics for leanness (whoopee), & a great penchant for marketing bull**** & misinterpreting the very basics of human physiology. pretty credible guy, huh?

lulz and 10 characters

Mr Oliver does bring up a good point

but then you read IA's thread

guess you just gotta try it for yourself

Mr Oliver does bring up a good point

but then you read IA's thread

guess you just gotta try it for yourself

this is the thing that shits me with diet/training etc

there is literally thousands of different styles of training/diets etc. ppl who advocate for one will say another is shit and vv. i think the only way you can really know is to try it yourself, but then if it sucks, your fucks up your body, you've wasted your time (and possibly your health)

I have a theory

The people oliver is quoting about, are ones with slow metabolisms

The people who come onto this from a typical bodybuilder's diet have fast metabolisms

The warrior diet works well with fast metabolisms, not slow ones

Whadya think?

I have a theory

The people oliver is quoting about, are ones with slow metabolisms

The people who come onto this from a typical bodybuilder's diet have fast metabolisms

The warrior diet works well with fast metabolisms, not slow ones

Whadya think?

Not a bad theory, now go test it out for us please.

I'd try it, my metabolism is ok. But I'm trying to put on mass. And eating 3000 calories in one sitting would be pretty hard....

Screw that for a joke. I'll give trying that a miss. Pretty sure warriors had a fat sack of beef jerky to munch on!! Here's hoping they did anyway.

What I don't understand is how you can starve your body of protein for so long.. It doesn't matter how much you eat at night it can't store protein. The only source of energy it can store is fat. Now in the case of the body being put into survival mode everyday you would train your body to put fat on allot easier. The body would try its best to hold onto the calories when its getting them. IMO anyway.

It's like trying to loose the last few % bodyfat. It's HARD because your body goes into survival mode and gets to keep stored energy.

I never bothered to read oris book, I just ran it as wesley (IA) sets it up.It suits me perfectly cos I like to eat at night, mostly when I relax on the couch when the kids are in bed. I have tried most things diet wise with the exception of Ketos (SCREW THAT) this is by FAR the most effective fatloss diet bar anything I have tried cos I actually get to eat.

I have tweaked it a little different as far as stretching the refeeds to about 5-6 hrs.

What I don't understand is how you can starve your body of protein for so long.. It doesn't matter how much you eat at night it can't store protein. The only source of energy it can store is fat. Now in the case of the body being put into survival mode everyday you would train your body to put fat on allot easier. The body would try its best to hold onto the calories when its getting them. IMO anyway.

It's like trying to loose the last few % bodyfat. It's HARD because your body goes into survival mode and gets to keep stored energy.

Do you have any reason for these thoughts or is this strictly your opinion? The body does not build muscle 24/7 (especially nattys) so why feed it to do so?

More tidbits to read

More Warrior Diet - Iron Addicts Forums

The Warrior Diet Discussion Thread - Iron Addicts Forums

Is anyone using the Warrior Diet the "massing" way? - Iron Addicts Forums