• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

The Truth on Waxy Maize Starch

Oh really. I was told do just chuck it all in a shaker with 500ml water and sip on it during the workout until its gone, trying to make it last the entire session.

Is the rest of the stuff alright to sip on and then just down the creatine after the session. I didnt realise it would make a difference?

I have already bought the BCAA Shrek, i will have to remember to get EAA's next time.

BigJim, please do have a read of this for me thank you: http://www.gain-weight-muscle-fast.com/when-to-take-creatine.html

Glutamine at 1-2g immediately after training (up to 45 minutes) and then again at 1g say within the 2 hours after training.

Another most powerful amino acid which I have not seen included in your tool kit Jim is Leucine. Here's what I had to say about it not long ago: Leucine: Your Magic Key To Bigger Muscles!

Fadi.

They are both great reads Fadi. I especially enjoyed the one you wrote yourself about Leucine as the way you write things makes it enjoyable to read, so thankyou for that.

I did actually purchase Leucine by itself as well as the other things i listed as i was recommended this by one of the people that works at the local supplement shop.

After reading the thread about the Leucine its still unclear to me when i should be taking it. Someone mentiones both before and after a workout and there is talk about as soon as you awake as well?

Currently what im doing, as instructed by the fella at the supplement shop, is mixing 5g BCAA/EAA, 5g Leucine, 5g Glutamine, 3g Ascorbic Acid and 20g Waxy Maize in 500ml water and sipping on this throughout training. Making sure it lasts the whole workout. I am then taking my creatine as soon as i get home. 5g in 250ml water. I am also taking the creatine on days i dont train, again 5g in 250ml water as i was told you need to keep it in your system. Is this true?

With the Creatine, it is recommended in the article you linked to take it with simple sugars and i was wondering if taking it with say 250ml of Apple Juice would do the job? Do you have any other suggestions instead of this? Currently im just taking it with water but then again, i only started taking it on Wednesday. It tastes like ass as well so having it in some sort of juice would be great lol.

Sorry for the long post Fadi and you help really is appreaciated. :)

Jim, I'm going to make it very easy for you here. When you take Leucine, your insulin levels go up by a factor of 220% and we know that insulin is a glucagon and cortisol antagonist (both catabolic hormones). So I say why not just take your 2g of Leucine before training, then during training take few grams of BCAA, and leave the WMS to drive the creatine into your muscles after your workout is completed!

So there's the carb way to spike insulin and then there's the amino acid way. I've written about the carb way in my 2200 and 2800 calorie diets. Now I'm mentioning the other option for you incase you don't want to have any carbs before/during training.

Fadi.