• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
yeah, I miss it too. Not allowed to do much "cardio" for the same reasons.
But it's such a drag and my times were never great ... I just love to run about outdoors but gee my times now must be rubbish compared to what they were :(
Anderson Hill is the bit i'm worried about. Will be doing this with a steroidal puffer in each fist as I power up that little hill :eek:

You'll be right I'm sure - which way is this run going? Either way I think you'll enjoy the run.

You'll be right I'm sure - which way is this run going? Either way I think you'll enjoy the run.

I have not the slightest idea!! I'll find out on Tuesday.
Not the way I wanted to get back into running again by signing up for something without having run for 6 months but it is what it is...good test to see how I go.

Hey guys, I run a fair bit, better at long distance than intervals. I usually run between 6-8kms in about 35-40mins, more often on the treadly at gym than outdoors now that it's winter. There is a good 6km track near where I live that I run occassionally when it's not wet, was doing this a couple times a week this past summer.

Like choc chilli, I really enjoy running and don't feel like it's a workout... pop my headphones in and get lost in the rhythm/music. I know its not brilliant for when you're trying to retain muscle bulk, but it's my preferred cardio.
For the last few years I have been running in Asics Kayanos, been through several pairs and am currently due for an upgrade. I find them light and comfortable, certainly they're the best runners out of several that I have tried.
I was going to attempt the Adelaide City to Bay this year, a 12km run, however we are heading to Melbourne for the weekend and I will more than likely be shopping instead... :)

Hey everyone,

Not sure if anyone remembers the WA bushfires earlier this year.
An ultramarathon (100km) was organised in WA at the time and, as a result of the organisers' lack of attention to safety, a number of runners were severely injured (burned) when they got caught in the bushfire chaos with shifting winds etc.

upshot is that two of the worst injured are two lovely Victorian girls, Kate and Turia. Both girls suffered severe burns to most of their bodies...horrific stuff.
Kate may never run again as she has had one foot amputated, and I heard today she is due for a further amputation procedure soon.
Turia has to wear a compression suit and face/headgear due to the severity of her injuries still.

Today a race around the Tan Track in Melbourne was held to raise funds that will all go to the girls to assist them with their medical and other expenses. Around $30k was raised, which is fantastic.

The race was the Ultra Spirit (details here: https://www.facebook.com/1ultraspirit?ref=ts)

It was 2 laps of the track, so 7.6km.

My KB trainer is a friend of Kate's and asked if I'd like to go. OF COURSE I WOULD.

I haven't been running this year at all since early January (don't do too much cardio or you won't gain LBM - fair point).
So I haven't really trained endurance ... now 7.6km isn't a huge distance but having recently developed full blown asthma, I was a tad concerned (images of me collapsing in a wheezing heap on the pavement and being trampled by eager runners...ain't pretty :eek:)

Well, I had a fabulous time ... we ran the course, I only stopped a few times to normalise my breathing and avoid a wheeze attack (successfully) and still managed a decent pace, considering my lack of form.

Most importantly, it was FUN and for a great cause.

I was very inspired to see young Turia, covered head to toe in special burns compression gear, out in the cold, running alongside us all. The air was cold at 8am!!

What a champ. That's the kind of never say die spirit I find so very inspiring. She's still in enormous pain, but was so appreciative of everyone's support, she came along to join in.

We all got a medal for finishing, as you do in a fun run. Everyone's a champ :D

i survived, with lungs a little worse for wear and massive leg DOMS but totally worth it :)

5054d1346463550-chocchillimango-training-log-photo.jpg

Top stuff! Great news about Turia, and very sad about Kate.

Terrific cause....onya Viv! :)

Well done.

That was a terrible thing that happened to the girls. Even worse is the years of further medical treatment pretty much for life.

Well done CCM for your support.

I would love to go for a long run right now.

Forrest Gump style. Just run out the front door and keep going until I'm ready to stop.

hey guys, just started running/walking 2 weeks ago for some faster results cutting but the last few days i've been getting pain in the knees!

is there anything to help this? i would rather not have to go to the gym for half hour of cardio on non weights days & enjoy running outside more.

i have a park right behind my place & have been doing laps half running half walking as i was never a big fan of cardio but am getting used to it besides the sore knees. half the park's ground is dodgy though i think cause of the big tractor thing that cuts the grass.

can't beleive my knees are already stuffed in my 30's! might have to look into buying a bike for home, will be good on rainy days, just need to find room.

hey guys, just started running/walking 2 weeks ago for some faster results cutting but the last few days i've been getting pain in the knees!

is there anything to help this? i would rather not have to go to the gym for half hour of cardio on non weights days & enjoy running outside more.

i have a park right behind my place & have been doing laps half running half walking as i was never a big fan of cardio but am getting used to it besides the sore knees. half the park's ground is dodgy though i think cause of the big tractor thing that cuts the grass.

can't beleive my knees are already stuffed in my 30's! might have to look into buying a bike for home, will be good on rainy days, just need to find room.

If you are not use to it, it while take your body a while to adjust...

Have you invested in a good pair of running shoes? That will make a 100% difference if you havnt

Agree with Bradders, it's important to have the right shoes for your feet and what you need (eg do you pronate, supinate, require stability/cushioning)?

I'm guessing you run with a heel strike? Your running style and form can be the cause of it too.
Pain in the knees often means you have tightness in your ITB ...foam rolling it to release it is a good idea and helps to prevent injuries to feet/knees and hips.

If you can, it's worth having someone check your running form. Poor form is a big cause of injuries. You can do that next time you are at the gym, if you have confidence in the trainers there. Otherwise, get someone you trust to check it out.

But yay, running outside is a bazillion times better than on a tready ...

Agree with Bradders, it's important to have the right shoes for your feet and what you need (eg do you pronate, supinate, require stability/cushioning)?

I'm guessing you run with a heel strike? Your running style and form can be the cause of it too.
Pain in the knees often means you have tightness in your ITB ...foam rolling it to release it is a good idea and helps to prevent injuries to feet/knees and hips.

If you can, it's worth having someone check your running form. Poor form is a big cause of injuries. You can do that next time you are at the gym, if you have confidence in the trainers there. Otherwise, get someone you trust to check it out.

But yay, running outside is a bazillion times better than on a tready ...

and agree with what CCM has said... ITB tightness sucks..

My problems more tend to be in the calves, but I run in minilamist shoes so that and not not stretching enough makes for tight calves..

But i'll take that over Shin Splints sore knee's and feet from running in stability shoes any day..

My new shoes...

Brooks PureConnect: Feel more with less

Loving em.

Last year I competed in a local fun run. I didn't prepare or warm up or anything. Straight from the mark I struggled to keep up with the mob and fell into last position. A guy not far in front of me started teasing me and laughing. He yelled out "how's it feel to be last? Ha ha ha"
I called back "Let me know" and I dropped out of the race.

Last year I competed in a local fun run. I didn't prepare or warm up or anything. Straight from the mark I struggled to keep up with the mob and fell into last position. A guy not far in front of me started teasing me and laughing. He yelled out "how's it feel to be last? Ha ha ha"
I called back "Let me know" and I dropped out of the race.

PMSL ... great story!

hey, I'm back to sprinting training on Friday, come rain hail or shine...ok maybe not if there's heavy rain or hail :p

How good is sprint training!?!
I should do this also one night a week but much prefer shoes for the grass

yep I'm on grass at the moment too. I wear my nike free 3s.
not good for long distances but awesome for sprinting

i am soooooo slow! I honestly think I don't have any fast twitch fibres in my body ... built to run marathons am i :mad:

I think of the legs of Olympic sprinters and i just drool! Quads with the lot thanks!
I want them legs! Plus the spurts of high intensity would just do my conditioning wonders!

I think of the legs of Olympic sprinters and i just drool! Quads with the lot thanks!
I want them legs! Plus the spurts of high intensity would just do my conditioning wonders!

yeah, I'm doing sprinting to see if it will help me find my quads :D
plus it's good cardio fitness quick and a nice change from tabata style stuff.

i miss running and I promised myself I'd not run further than 5km distances ever again.

needing the fix ...