• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

The Power of Belief

If you were to drive from Perth to Brisbane, would you travel along the national highways at 55kph getting there in twice the time?

If there are any statisticians on here, I'd love to see the relative risk of serious injury in both situations
Bad comparison. A more appropriate comparison would be going along the national highways at (or around) the actual speed limit vs doing the trip at 220kph.

Bad comparison. A more appropriate comparison would be going along the national highways at (or around) the actual speed limit vs doing the trip at 220kph.

lol, this is true.

Nonetheless, let's get back on topic. Today will be 'national non bashing ONI day'. Tomorrow, business as usual.

You really think what I am doing is comparable to driving at 220kph for 24 hours?

You really think what I am doing is comparable to driving at 220kph for 24 hours?
What you're actually doing? Maybe, maybe not. I can't know. But, given that I came to this thread from your post on fitocracy rather than through these forums, where you up-front declared that the risks associated with trying to get 2-3 years worth of progress done in 1 year are worth it, your attitude seems quite comparable to driving at 220kph for 24 hours.

Aiming to give 100% when it's appropriate is good. But as our dearly beloved KyleAaron would say, aiming to give 110% for 110% of the time allotted means that the extra 10% has to come from somewhere else. The perceieved risks associated with trying to do so may seem worth it, but I'm damn certain that the transition from risk to reality isn't worth it.

What I am saying is the increased risk is negligible and isn't worth worrying about

I do find this funny, oni can't win with some people here

We seriously have people here telling him not to train hard because he might get injured. Obviously you don't want to get injured but if you never get injured in your chosen sport you are either extremely lucky or much more likely, not trying very hard.

If you want to get good at any sport there is always the strong chance of injury when pushing your body to its limits, that's the risk you have to take. If you don't ever want to get injured maybe take up knitting.

>you must spread some reputation around before giving it to Bazza20 again