• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
50kg curl!!! Id like to see that actually. :p

Got a pb last night myself. So im back!
Olympic paused squat 3 second pause.
120x3. Was awesome. Felt so good haha.

Front squatted 105x3 afterwards also but I am yet to check if that is a pb.

Either way...im confident of upping the reps on front squat again next week (I do 2's, 3's, 4's then up the weight and start again).

Tim.

JJ80 that deadlift was great, 200 in you now I reckon with a bit of a grind! Love the backyard gym also!!

I hit 135kg x 3, 2, 2, 2, 2 on the bench last night, aiming for a 150kg paused single in 3 weeks.

Pretty fucking impressive numbers for a chick, and decent for a guy. 80kg overhead, 107.5kg bench, 50kg curl, welp. Not far off me.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=aniR3VmN-Dw

I got 180kg dead today, been training them for 3 months now.... Got it a year ago but I think my form is a bit better now. 200kg in another 2 months.

And they say my gym is ghetto as fuck! Haha.

Good work man. Was easy.

Tim.

Props to [MENTION=10878]jj80[/MENTION]; on that lift
You made it look easy mayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys, just happy to be doing them pain free. 200 in a month or 2, maybe even 250 this year, I find them pretty easy.

50kg curl!!! Id like to see that actually. :p

Got a pb last night myself. So im back!
Olympic paused squat 3 second pause.
120x3. Was awesome. Felt so good haha.

Front squatted 105x3 afterwards also but I am yet to check if that is a pb.

Either way...im confident of upping the reps on front squat again next week (I do 2's, 3's, 4's then up the weight and start again).

Tim.

Dat pause!!

Do you find they help with speed at the bottom? I'm starting to add them next week, possibly at the end of session rather than as the squat

I like to get stronger in every lift.
I do find they help with staying tight in the hole if nothing else. Speed out of the hole was the point of adding them so I hope they are helping haha.

Do them. I like them.
My session is:
Comp squat(low bar)
Paused squat(high bar)
Front squat.

Tim.

I have been feeling vulnerable in the hole on the heavy sets, singles and doubles, which really takes out the stretch reflex, so I think some paused squats will help..

Problem is my programming has singles and doubles everyday, so I feel like I'm really stalling, as I don't feel confident

been a long time since i posted in here but this week i set two new PR's at a new bodyweight.

90kg x 2 bench & 1 x 120kg squat @ 69.4kg

my old PR's a still a tad higher 125kg squat & 102.5kg bench @ 84kg's and the squat was performed without a belt compared to wearing a belt now but im happy with the progress and reckon i can knock off both old PR's at < 70kg

I have been feeling vulnerable in the hole on the heavy sets, singles and doubles, which really takes out the stretch reflex, so I think some paused squats will help..

Problem is my programming has singles and doubles everyday, so I feel like I'm really stalling, as I don't feel confident

There is nothing wrong with backing the weight off for a week or two for confidence.

Tim.

Another pb today.

Got out of bed this morning with zero pain in ribs.
Still hurts a little when I brace my midesection etc...one more day.

Thank fuck it aint broken (I hope haha)

Tim.