• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Well done Simon!
Im getting alot better and stronger since the back surgery, its almost 4 months now. I punched out 18 overhand chin-ups last night, after being prompted by my brother and his mate, all the way to the bottom, no swinging, thats the best ive done in years.

that is a bloody good effort!

Deadlifted today for the first time ever WITHOUT my kidney belt and less the shoes and managed to get 10 reps out JUST at 125kg which is definitely a PB without any sort of bracing / support...

Attempt at a new 1RM coming up next back day...

I can touch mine with 100kg, i think it may be too big haha.

Although if i jack it right down and get some shirt cleavage happening 135 is a struggle to get down.

You still need to control it, but the last few cms you feel as if you are pulling the bar down lol, sometimes it's easier just to lift yourself up a touch to get the touch!

Here is a video of a 60kg press.
2nd time I've done it now. Doesn't make my tendinitis flare up so I'll be hitting the volume really hard on these now

All the cool kids are doing it.

Elbow or shoulder tendonitis?

Also what brand are your wrist wraps they look a lot longer and have a bigger velcro strap then my UGE's.

All the cool kids are doing it.

Elbow or shoulder tendonitis?

Also what brand are your wrist wraps they look a lot longer and have a bigger velcro strap then my UGE's.

Elbow (triceps)
I believe it's from moving my grip too far in on squats

Elbow (triceps)
I believe it's from moving my grip too far in on squats

You are 100% right, squatting cause mine, I can't go ultra wide grip cause of where the jhooks are on my rack so unsure whether this would help. For me it's from cranking my wrist. If I wrap, use nicoflex/tiger balm and use a thumbless grip I can keep it at bay, it still hangs around but isn't crippling.

I forsee a safety squat bar for any future runs at smolov, only becomes an issue if I squat 3-4 times a week.