• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Officially I was supposed to do 3x8x107.5kg today. I made a deal with myself that if I got 2x10 at that weight instead, I wouldn't have to do a 3rd set (or, alternatively, I decided I'd aim for 2x10, and if I missed any reps then I'd have a 3rd set to deal with). That incentive, plus the occasional "come on" and "drive it up" between each set scored me a rep PB of 2x10x107.5kg this morning. Next week I'll try and remember to bring my camera as I go for 10x110kg.

I also got 2x16x140kg tyre flips, and 2x50mx42.5kg farmer's walks.

God there are some good pb's being done in this thread!!

I'm currently setting a new PB! 17days without lifting a weight! Wasn't really a goal of mine coming in to the year but it seems to have come pretty easy!! Watch this space, im looking increase it tomorrow! ;)

God there are some good pb's being done in this thread!!

I'm currently setting a new PB! 17days without lifting a weight! Wasn't really a goal of mine coming in to the year but it seems to have come pretty easy!! Watch this space, im looking increase it tomorrow! ;)
Lol, that's some quality progress happening right there.

Latest PBs @80-81.5kg

Front olympic squat - 120kg (1.5 x bw), 102.5 x 3
Bench press - 100kg x 3
Incline press - 90kg

Max numbers havn't gone up much lately, but I've managed to increase overall density of volume and %, as well as make improvements in technique and speed, so I'm happy with how it's going - Bulgarian programming is not so much about short-term gains as long-term adaptation to constantly training fatigued and with increasing work capacity. Have not had a de-load or days off in over 2 months now!

Squat 195 x 5
Only 2 more reps than the other day but a still a PB.
Was the hardest set I have ever done.
Bring on repping 200

Latest PBs @80-81.5kg

Front olympic squat - 120kg (1.5 x bw), 102.5 x 3
Bench press - 100kg x 3
Incline press - 90kg

max numbers havn't gone up much lately, but I've managed to increase overall density of volume and %, as well as make improvements in technique and speed, so I'm happy with how it's going - Bulgarian programming is not so much about short-term gains as long-term adaptation to constantly training fatigued and with increasing work capacity. Have not had a de-load or days off in over 2 months now

Managed 10 reps (for my first set, 8 and 7 for next 2 sets) of Dips for the first time today at around this bodyweight. Being over 110kgs at the moment, i sort of suck at dips :)

Managed 10 reps (for my first set, 8 and 7 for next 2 sets) of Dips for the first time today at around this bodyweight. Being over 110kgs at the moment, i sort of suck at dips :)

Preaching to the choir here, 125kg and I can do 4 rep sets! At least I can bang out 5 sets though.

Not really a personal best but an ego boost, Ive been at this gym for 6 months after not working out much for a year, they asked me today if I had any pics of me before I came to the gym and would I mind if they put a before and after pic of me on their facebook page, made me feel good all work out.

Hi Peeps,

Not entirely sure if this is the right thread to post this question but its somewhat relevant so thought id put it out there..

Just regarding peoples lifts in their signatures eg:

Squat: Bench: Deadlift:

Is this for 1RM's or what you can lift for reps?

Thanks in advance

Hi Peeps,

Not entirely sure if this is the right thread to post this question but its somewhat relevant so thought id put it out there..

Just regarding peoples lifts in their signatures eg:

Squat: Bench: Deadlift:

Is this for 1RM's or what you can lift for reps?

Thanks in advance
If you just have one number next to the lift (eg in my sig I have SQ 140kg), it's assumed that you're dealing with a 1RM. If I had SQ 10x107.5kg, then I'd be saying that's what I can do for 10 reps. Some people also have competition vs gym lifts, progress, or goal lifts in their sigs. Some people don't have any lifts in their sigs, and that's fine, too.