• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Lol, well pop might not be the best way of putting it. But if you get it down it's like leg drive in a push press. Try picturing your toes driving through the front of shoes if you're flat footed. But if you're butt is almost up in the air it won't have a big effect. If you feel stable with feet flat then stick with it and play around with different foot positions to see if you can get tighter.

With the squat, perhaps try to control the descent a little more instead of dive bombing, unless you prefer it that way??
Thanks for the advice Bams :)
I'm definately a bomber when it comes to squats, I don't prefer it I just don't focus on controlling it.
But I'm getting there, its included in my cues now since advice in Spritchas seminar! Definately worth focussing on!

127.5kg touch and go on bench today. Very happy!

Only a 2.5kg PB by plate writing but probably more like a 5kg PB since I'm using calibrated plates now which seem heavier than my old ones.

Managed 190x1 Deadlift PB today (mixed grip) .. then failed 200kg (bit dizzy), then tried 190kg again, failed and almost passed out.

Also got what i think was a rep PB at 65kg x 4 OHP

New squat triple PB for me. 175kgx3 at 84kg BW.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZETL8PTTaxI]175 kg squat x 3 - YouTube[/ame]

I haven't trained for a year. Just getting back into it now after setting up my own training space in the garage. My previous PB's were set early last year.

Squat - 155kg
Deadlift - 190kg
Bench Press - 115kg
Power Clean - 75kg
Press - 80kg

Can't wait to increase those numbers, but I haven't trained in a while so it will be a long road.

Thanks peeps. Probably could have gotten 177.5 I think but I'd never actually put more than 170kg on this 150kg rated bar so I was a bit hesitant.

Finally got 130kg on bench today. Touch and go, but still a good PB. 140 in sight!

Focus will be paused bench and chest work for the near future, I think.

Thanks, yep will definitely be going hard for 140kg. With a pause by the end of the year I hope.