• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
gratz oni on the 4 wheels.

It does take awhile for your body to adjust to the new weight and recomp.
I gained 9kg and its taking awhile the body to adjust. I must admit alot of it was bloody fat.

180kg squat - YouTube

Team retard wins this one [MENTION=10061]Brick[/MENTION]; [MENTION=7738]Timeah[/MENTION];
Well done. It's great seeing the progress you've been making this year.
Man I thought that strength gains would come easy when I got bigger
But it's still the same uphill struggle as always
I dunno why Rip recommends stupid shit like GOMAD and 9000kcal a day for beginners it's the most retarded thing ever
Rip says some fairly Riptarded things at times. I've been doing my best to keep my surplus/weight gain modest this year, with the approximate monthly target of 1kg (and I've generally gained a little bit slower than this throughout the year). So far it's been just as good for strength gains as gaining weight at 2-3x the rate (which is what I've done in the past), and my health and physique have been thanking me for it, too. Additional muscle = good, additional fat = not so great, and given how little muscle mass we can realistically gain in a set time period, Rip's dietary advice is just stupid. At least he gets the ingredients right: meat, vegetables, dairy.

New 2RM, 2.5kg below previous 1RM.
Deadlift 2x175kg - YouTube

Floor pressed 95kg x 4 x 3 tonight. Was an easy pb...more so just from getting good at floor pressing, but I'll take it!

Also db incline 30° pressed 30kg x 8.

Tim.

5 Wheels a side squat, 220kg. Boys reckon I could have gone heavier, didn't want to push my back any further.

Pretty good for someone with back problems Ink.... that's a life goal for some.

I got 110kg 5x5 on bench tonight... Pretty happy with that. Upping my work sets into the 110kg+ range happily now my strength has gone up.

170kg squat. 25kg pb lol.

FINALLY found my low bar groove/form.

First time ditching the do wins for flats when squatting.

Right knee was pretty shitty going into it, so lots of progress coming soon.

Failed 180 too. Was pretty beat up by this point.

Last edited:
Pretty good for someone with back problems Ink.... that's a life goal for some.

I got 110kg 5x5 on bench tonight... Pretty happy with that. Upping my work sets into the 110kg+ range happily now my strength has gone up.

Cheers mate, it's been a goal of mine for a while and back problems have really held me out. I've been focusing quads and hammies on seperate days as well, and this seemed to have worked also. Been trying to deadlift one week and squat the next to give my back a break but this hasn't been going to plan lol.

benched 100kg for a triple when high as shit with bros lol
did 110kg in the slingshot today too