• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

The off season

What scholarship is Rory hoping to get from the States?

I've never driven these imports, but how can an evo be better than a R34 GTR!? What evo is that? As you can see i don't know much about cars...

Markos have you ever caught the motorbike bug? For a poor student like myself, i think its the only way to have some fun on the roads.

Mitsubishi has had plenty of time to play catch up, the 34 is 11 years old

They will be classics though in years to come, just wait. Theres allready guys selling "completely stock as new collector edition" R32s for $40k+

one car i do want to test drive is the honda NSX. anyone got one? no didnt think so. stupid import laws

Some facts you guys may not be aware of.

R34 GTR 1999 model - Evo 7 2001 model

GTR weighs 1540kg - Evo 1360kg

GTR 206kw - Evo 206kw

GTR 392nm - Evo 383nm

GTR 13.1 quarter mile - Evo 12.9 quarter mile

Evo in 2001 was the fastest production car ever around Tsukuba in 1.04, beating ALL the GTR's and the NSX and RX 7.

Evo has 4 doors, Evo NEVER gets pulled over by the cops.

So its newer, faster in a drag, faster in a circuit, cheaper, has better fuel economy, 4 doors, 5 seats, no cop hassles and a BULLET PROOF ENGINE. No more $20,000 engine rebuilds for me.

Oh, and it destroys anything Ford or Holden has ever produced, and quite possibly will ever produce.

And thats just stock lol

Back on topic

I forgot to mention that Dave also pulled 242kg on the trap bar last night, a PB

I have no doubt that Dave can squat 200kg, actually, f u c k it, he can do it tonight, he thinks he's benching, your fault Shane lol

I'll get the camera out and film it

hmmm fun times coming up!!!

Thanx for the dead giveaway Markos!!!

Can I bench another PB tonight as well while i'm at it?

Don't take away my benching tonight??? I've been looking forward to it all week!!!

What position are we looking at Rory? punter? I'm sure i remember reading an article about the NFL draft camp (not sure on correct name) but during testing all rookies performed bench for reps with 100kg, the lowest score was 10, and that was from a punter. I think the highest was around 40, Some seriously strong dudes over there.

Just so you know. Rory is 6'8. 140+ KGs. I think he plays on Defense. Rory is still 18 so he still has 4 years before the combine(NFL draft camp)

I play Offensive Line. My job is to protect the Quarter Back or to make running lanes for the ball carrier.

No, I play Offense. Defensive Line attacks the Quarter Back/Ball carier to prevent movement of the ball and hence "defend" the endzone. By protecting the Quarter Back/Ball Carrier I am aiding the attempt to score.

Well Dave had a crack at 200kg in the squat tonight. He made an easy 190kg, then somehow missed 200kg.

I was spotting him, and as he ground his way through his sticking point and proceeded to lock out, I turned and walked away, only to watch him come back down and miss it, very strange.

He is going to have another crack on Friday, his 3rd squat session of the week.

Well Dave had a crack at 200kg in the squat tonight. He made an easy 190kg, then somehow missed 200kg.

I was spotting him, and as he ground his way through his sticking point and proceeded to lock out, I turned and walked away, only to watch him come back down and miss it, very strange.

He is going to have another crack on Friday, his 3rd squat session of the week.

So Disappointed I didn't make it :mad: should have f***in nailed it!

If I can go from a 175kg squat at 98kg... then to a 192.5kg squat at 106.8kg... surely I can get a 200kg squat at 115kg :mad:

Dunno what happened... its just stopped moving (well thats what it felt like anyway).

And keeping in mind I havent squatted that heavy since the nationals a couple of months ago so it has been a while!

I'm gonna absolutely F***IN nail it on Friday :)

On the upside tho... I did do 5 sets of 5 on 100kg on the bench (touch & go with regular grip) fairly easily... so I would predict my bench would be round 120kg touch & go maybe even 125kg. be alright if I could bench 120kg with a pause... that would be gold!

Also benched 110kg for 4 singles touch & go as well just for shits and giggles.

Tonight should be fun... Olympic Lifts with Max then off to get my baby girl from geelong :) hell yeah i'm gettin laid tonight... been hanging out for it all week!!! ***WOOHOO*** all the preperation I need for tomorrow night!

Cheers... Dave!

Last edited:
I can see Markos having a field day with this.

Nice squatting by the way Dave, sounds like you will hit the 200kg tomorrow.

You could say that one again Dave... bet ur life on it!!!

Cheers for the positive comments as well Dave!

Have a good one!

You're weighing 115 now? Jesus christ! You're going to be wider than you are tall soon!