• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

The Moment You Knew?

yes, there is a human heart, that beats within the chest cavity. But beyond that - there is a soul - there is awareness, there is desire and drive and ambition and a knowingness within each of us? Or maybe there's not. Like everything else, is certainly a matter of opinion. .

Well it looks like its time for me to biw out of this thread. If you think there is a human soul, that's your opinion. You believe that based on some system. If you don't believed it, that is your opinion and you believe that based on some system. It is either there or not, actually speaking. It's not an issue of opinion. That's like saying if you are of the opinion that lepricons exist....then they do. If you don't believe it - then they don't. That's not how the world works. Not the real world anyway.

And if that's what you think....I wish to give no more exposure than I would to somebody who thought babies come from a stalk.

Last edited:
Well it looks like its time for me to biw out of this thread. If you think there is a human soul, that's your opinion. You believe that based on some system. If you don't believed it, that is your opinion and you believe that based on some system. It is either there or not, actually speaking. It's not an issue of opinion. That's like saying if you are of the opinion that lepricons exist....then they do. If you don't believe it - then they don't. That's not how the world works. Not the real world anyway.

And if that's what you think....I wish to give no more exposure than I would to somebody who thought babies come from a stalk.

lol

Oh Pete...

I KNOW babies don't come from a stalk :D

Leprechauns on the other hand....

There was no single moment for me, it was an accumulation of moments I guess. Similar to Deep's situation, we also started living together 3 weeks after we met. We were going out close to 3 years when I started to get the thought that I should propose.

I can remember one night, laying next to her while she slept...I lay awake for ages, thinking it through in my mind. I wanted to be very careful that I wasn't making a mistake, that things wouldn't turn sour (I'd always read about high divorce % so was weary of this). I was more so weighing up whether I could handle married life, rather than assessing her. She's a better person than me, I knew there wouldn't be any concerns about her. So I asked her, she said "what took you so long?" and things have been terrific ever since.

There have been a couple of significant moments in my life that have shaped my direction and have had a huge impact on my life. The first was meeting her (best thing that ever happened to me). The second was doing tertiary and post-grad education as a mature age student (huge impact on my career and earning capacity). The greatest moments have been the birth of my kids though....nothing surpasses this....I still look at them with amazement just about every single day.

Last edited:
The moment I laid eyes on her, literally I fell in love before I even spoke to her. 12 or so months later I convinced her as well. But by then we were best mates and still are.

The moment I laid eyes on her, literally I fell in love before I even spoke to her. 12 or so months later I convinced her as well. But by then we were best mates and still are.

awwww if that's not the cutest damn thing I've ever heard, I do not know what is!!

Beautiful Graeme! :)

There was no single moment for me, it was an accumulation of moments I guess. Similar to Deep's situation, we also started living together 3 weeks after we met. We were going out close to 3 years when I started to get the thought that I should propose.

I can remember one night, laying next to her while she slept...I lay awake for ages, thinking it through in my mind. I wanted to be very careful that I wasn't making a mistake, that things wouldn't turn sour (I'd always read about high divorce % so was weary of this). I was more so weighing up whether I could handle married life, rather than assessing her. She's a better person than me, I knew there wouldn't be any concerns about her. So I asked her, she said "what took you so long?" and things have been terrific ever since.

There have been a couple of significant moments in my life that have shaped my direction and have had a huge impact on my life. The first was meeting her (best thing that ever happened to me). The second was doing tertiary and post-grad education as a mature age student (huge impact on my career and earning capacity). The greatest moments have been the birth of my kids though....nothing surpasses this....I still look at them with amazement just about every single day.

Oh DKD, I didn't see this!!

How beautiful. You sir, are an intensely good human being :)

Am sure you're wife is amazing, but she's pretty lucky to have you too, you know ;)

Agree, the creating of new life for the world, is easily, the single most magnificent thing we humans ever get to do.

I hope I get to do it again someday :)

Oh DKD, I didn't see this!!

How beautiful. You sir, are an intensely good human being :)

Am sure you're wife is amazing, but she's pretty lucky to have you too, you know ;)

Agree, the creating of new life for the world, is easily, the single most magnificent thing we humans ever get to do.

I hope I get to do it again someday :)

Yeah I hope you do too Bella. I've got an 8yo and a 1yo. We got so used to just having 1 child, but the arrival of the little one last year just really made everything so much better....just feels like a more complete family unit. Many joyful years ahead....yeah baby! :)

Awwww a 1 year old too??

Damnit, I want another baby! lol

Sophie's just turned 8yo...it's time!

Need to find a good man, which is proving to be the harder part? lol

Awwww a 1 year old too??

Damnit, I want another baby! lol

Sophie's just turned 8yo...it's time!

Need to find a good man, which is proving to be the harder part? lol

buddy and callan are keen to learn....you could do worse lol.

I have always wondered this and if its even a real thing...I love my current gf more than anyone I have been with and I am friends with her more than anyone I have been with...do I know if shes the one...I dunno....

I don't know either Joel...lol

DKD, I have a rule about having babies with anyone who could have BEEN my baby? lol

Pete! Twins?? Awwww thats ALOT of hard work! How beautiful...:)