• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I also and a big believer in leg extensions. I usually do a few sets of slow with emphasis on negative phase. Followed by weighted lunges to pre exhaust my quads and hams before squats. Fantastic stuff. I've had a fair bit of growth in them because of this.

I also and a big believer in leg extensions. I usually do a few sets of slow with emphasis on negative phase. Followed by weighted lunges to pre exhaust my quads and hams before squats. Fantastic stuff. I've had a fair bit of growth in them because of this.

Good stuff

If you go too heavy, you might end up like me, I have jumper's knee at the moment and can't do anything which involves the legs for a while which is really annoying.

If you go too heavy, you might end up like me, I have jumper's knee at the moment and can't do anything which involves the legs for a while which is really annoying.

As someone who has had patella tendonitis for over 5 years I've found doing nothing tends to make it worse but then again I've had it for over 5 years so fuck what I say.

What sort of rep level do you guys do?

I sort of sit in the 10-12 rep range most days.
But sometimes I go lighter up to about 30 rep till failure.

I will work up the stack sometimes til I'm at about five hard reps. Slow negatives cos all that TUT mumbo jumbo
Then work my way back..

But not very often..
Quads get a tiny bit sore but the pump is vantahstic

Bazza20, so what do you do for it? I have young kids who want to kick the ball around in the park and I can't do that because it gets too sore and I don't want to do more damage. Squats and deadlifts are out. I'm going to see a physio soon, as a fellow sufferer, what else can I do?

Bazza20, so what do you do for it? I have young kids who want to kick the ball around in the park and I can't do that because it gets too sore and I don't want to do more damage. Squats and deadlifts are out. I'm going to see a physio soon, as a fellow sufferer, what else can I do?

PRP injections are the best thing I have done.

Backwards sled drags seem to work well for me also.

The physio I usually go to has relocated so I found another one but he has ruined me because he strapped the patella with one of those tapes and told me to leave it on for a few days. After a day I noticed my ankle swelling up then the following day, the area where the tape was became really sore so I ripped it off coz I couldn't take the pain anymore. Basically what happened was the tape cut into my skin and gave me a bloody infection. Left me with a decent gash and puss coming out. So basically I'm on the look out for another physio, can't find anyone decent that will do a good job.