• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

The 10 Biggest Mistakes you can make with you Bodybuilding Diet

Bodybuilders like to do OCD shit especially when it comes to diet. Eating every couple hours down to the second is one of them. I seem to remember someone saying that by eating every hour they could "feel" there metabolism speeding up. Now we know that's bullshit but that's what they said.

And I remember someone posting a pic of a skinny kid with abs and saying that what top level bbers do is bro-science and OCD

And I remember someone posting a pic of a skinny kid with abs and saying that what top level bbers do is bro-science and OCD

I had a LOL at you calling me skinny the other day but didn't say anything. I weigh the same as you and at least I have abs. Loooooooooooolllllllllllllllllllllll

Not only is their no research showing eating every couple hours to be better their is no scientific reason for it to be better, why would if.

Just eating normally 3 times a day your body is sill digesting its last meal as it is.

Will eating BB style every couple hours be better than eating once every 3 days. Sure. But will it be better than eating 3 times a day, very fucking unlikely. Your are already getting a constant supply of nutrients as it is.

Doing retarded shit doesn't give you any better results.

The fact of the matter is though mate is that look at the people that follow that approach (a large % of them) and then look at the people that follow an average style eating approach....

I understand what your saying but you simply can not sit here and say there is no "research/evidence" to suggest that eating X way wont draw better results?

I think IIFYM etc is a fantastic way of approach a healthy, long term approach to training - but you wont be in the same boat as top level guys ever using this approach.

I had a LOL at you calling me skinny the other day but didn't say anything. I weigh the same as you and at least I have abs. Loooooooooooolllllllllllllllllllllll

You must be fucking tall then - so your saying you weighed 105kgs in that pic?

Think your more like 6'2 @ 95kgs in that pic mate - sorry to break it to you....I am 5'10-5'11 and 105kgs

Last edited:
So are you saying that coaches/bodybuilders/athletes approach dieting and training like they do simply because people have followed those ways for 50-60 years?

I think sometimes the "science" needs to be taken out of it and simply look at whos getting results and why....there is a trend at the high level...

strong strawman...

If you only know it to be one way and have never done it any different how do you know its optimal.

Last edited:

Lol. Are you actually linking my post. I posted it. I know what I said. Lol.

I get called skinny at for being 95kg 2 years ago and yet you have been around 100 for months in your posts. Although today conveniently you say 105.

That pic is old. Only on the internet do you get called too skinny at 95kg. Lol. Keep diggin a hole for yourself.

So to sum in up I weigh the same as you but I am supposedly too skinny so my opinion is no good. Great thought process mate.

Lol. Are you actually linking my post. I posted it. I know what I said. Lol.

I get called skinny at for being 95kg 2 years ago and yet you have been around 100 for months in your posts. Although today conveniently you say 105.

That pic is old. Only on the internet do you get called too skinny at 95kg. Lol. Keep diggin a hole for yourself.

So to sum in up I weigh the same as you but I am supposedly too skinny so my opinion is no good. Great thought process mate.

That's about it mate - your spot on.

Thats same as my stats, don't you wish you were taller?
I'd trade my left nut for that extra inch, to get me out of the 5's.
Sorry, off the topic, I know, just curious.

Nah mate - I don't really mind being this height - prob for rugby id like to be taller....

That's about it mate - your spot on.

Lol at the internet standards.

Too bad I am the same weight as you, must hurt hey mate. You totally fucked up your insult towards me and now still trying to save it.

If your are going to bag me I suggest going in the direction of my shit house bench.

You certainly can't bag Bazza for his pphysique
and I noticed that Big Mick has been suspiciously quiet since Bazza posted that pic of himself

:D

Lol at the internet standards.

Too bad I am the same weight as you, must hurt hey mate. You totally fucked up your insult towards me and now still trying to save it.

If your are going to bag me I suggest going in the direction of my shit house bench.

Your right mate - I should of studied up abit more - but really I don't give a shit. I simply don't like you.

You certainly can't bag Bazza for his pphysique
and I noticed that Big Mick has been suspiciously quiet since Bazza posted that pic of himself

:D

I just bag him coz hes a douche - just think what he could do if he ate better!

So are you saying that coaches/bodybuilders/athletes approach dieting and training like they do simply because people have followed those ways for 50-60 years?I think sometimes the "science" needs to be taken out of it and simply look at whos getting results and why....there is a trend at the high level...
And........ Broscience is born.....