• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Testosterone blocker

And even then, without bloods putting you at 150nmol, I'd just call you a knob.

Have you had blood tests? If so, what were your levels?

Oh lol. It's male pattern baldness that I'm experiencing (which is obviously caused by too much testosterone). I probably should've mentioned that.

He gave me 2 options: Hair transplant or test blocker.
Option 1 is not financially viable.

Oh lol. It's male pattern baldness that I'm experiencing (which is obviously caused by too much testosterone). I probably should've mentioned that.

Just take rogaine half the old bastards i know are on that shit. Once you start though you gotta keep taking it or your hair starts falling out again. One of my mates just had the hair transplant deal done in thailand said it was the most painful 12hrs of his life.

Fucking glad I'm not bald already hard enough to get a root.

JDMR2 - my cousins testosterone levels were exceptionally high. I know from listening to him over the years, such high levels can cause depression, anger issues, explosive rage, shrinking of the testicles, low sperm count, severe mood swings, excessive and often random impulsivity, severe and aggressive outbursts and the inability to control any of it...amongst all the other 'symptoms' that stem or occur as a result of all or some of these symptoms.

To answer your question - heightened test levels will help you recover quickly after a workout for instance and can be indicative of a very high sex drive. So, in turn, if you block and counteract naturally occurring high test levels - yes you will notice it in your workouts, your recovery time and possibly your sex drive.

However, your Dr cannot diagnose excessively high test levels without conducting extensive and repeated blood tests to continually track your levels - and a test blocker, isn't the first and only method of treatment.

As has been said previously in this thread - I would suggest you seek out the support and education of another medical professional and request that bloods be done to check your testosterone (and other hormone) levels.

You should never 'treat' an imaginary or assumed issue.

My only suggestion for your bodies sake and your own personal knowledge - seek out an alternative Dr and request bloods to be done, get it thoroughly checked and the results explained to you, so that you're able to understand fully what your levels are and what the methods of treatment are, to assist you with any and/or all of the symptoms you're experiencing.

Good luck :)

So every bloke going bald has high test?

Wtf is a test blocker any way?

Shot of deca?

And isn't MPB caused by DHT?

Option 3, be a man and shave your head.

Option 3, be a man and shave your head.

lol shaved heads are sexy :)

OP...not all male balding is due to high test and there is no way you or your Dr could know this, unless extensive blood tests were done and your levels tracked over a period of time.

I just assumed he wanted to 'lower' test thrn get the doc to give him trt then come off said test blocker and be super awesome...

If it is just baldness, why can't people get over it. Some men go bald. It's been happening for a long time. Baldness is not a health risk and the fear of going bald is a mental issue not a physical one.

Don't treat a mental issue with drugs that have a physical effect.

The test themselves are easy enough to do, I understand this, but they'd want to do a full hormone check and track it. No reputable GP would prescribe a 'Test Blocker' without valid cause - results would need to be evaluated and tracked over a period of time. One blood test, wouldn't be enough and shouldn't be.

The physical, emotional and mental side effects of purposefully lowering test in the body - can be just as bad, if not worse, than excessively high levels of test. Thus the reason no Dr should be even talking about any kind of 'blocker' unless he has factual blood tests mapped over a period of time and knows that the excessive levels are making his patients life absolute hell.

Potential baldness is not a good enough reason to even contemplate attempting this.

Last edited:
If it is just baldness, why can't people get over it. Some men go bald. It's been happening for a long time. Baldness is not a health risk and the fear of going bald is a mental issue not a physical one.

Perfect.

The test themselves are easy enough to do, I understand this, but they'd want to do a full hormone check and track it. No reputable GP would prescribe a 'Test Blocker' without valid cause - results would need to be evaluated and tracked over a period of time. One blood test, wouldn't be enough and shouldn't be.

What is a "test blocker"

I'm not a Dr but I know they can prescribe a cocktail of man-made hormones to supress androgens, the male sex hormones, in very extreme cases.

Much like HRT in menopausal women I would imagine, to assist in balancing out hormone's to alleged 'normal' levels?

My cousin never went this route, as his symptoms weren't classed as severe enough and he has sought herbal and alternative treatments, which seems to work for him.

To find out exactly what a testosterone blocker consists of, you'd have to ask a medical professional, I didn't get a degree in endocrinology I'm afraid.

What is a "test blocker"

They don't give you a test blocker they give you a drug that stops DHT conversion it's an over the counter deal, I think. I just googled and if test level drop off is a worry (which I think is what the op is getting at) you can just take it as a topical solution which is localised to the hair folicles.

I am playing Dr Google here so anyone else can correct me on this I don't mind putting it out there that I am cutting and pasting not trying to convince you peeps that I am an expert or some kinda dr.

I know what a test blocker is/does, I had a look around on google.
I wanted to see what sort of reply Bella would give me.

Thanks bella.

JDM, your going balled, you don't have prostate cancer.
Don't use a test blocker, the cons far out weigh the positives (which I'm sure are 0). Trust me on this, I'm talking from experience, not from google.

Shave your head, or buy a wig.

My bad sorry.

Haha, all good, appreciate the response.

I can't see how somebody would want to live with all the negatives of low test for the sake of some hair...... Not that I think lowering your test will save your hair anyway.

Whilst I agree with this, I'm destined to be pretty much bald (50 year old style) within a few years. It's in my genetics.
I'm 22 now and already copping sh*t from people about my hair. In my line of work, being physically attractive is important (a reason why I don't just shave my head).

I'm just stuck between weighing up the side effects of taking a test blocker and the side effects of being semi-bald in my 20s in a world full of judgemental people hah

Thanks for your answers guys. Really puts things into perspective :) Cheers.