• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Test Booster Trial - anyone interested?

Possibly.

Guys, so far we have -

BigMick
Candyflip
Pistachio
I got Big Mick's email/details, can you other guys shoot me an email asap so I can get these nutritional guides done up so you have them on hand for when the trail kicks off.

Might be worth while sending them a PM!

PS is you name actually Max, or is it just what you love to have (MaxBrenner chocolate)??

EDIT:

Haha, just got your email, so now know your not called Max.....cheers!!!!

Last edited:
<---------- I ate this chocolate 3 odd times a week on my cut for my wedding, so that was the reason behind the name :D

I'm happy to help out as previously mentioned, just say the word and we can work out the nitty gritty of it all :)

This is much appreciated Max!

Candy, are you in mate?
If so, just hit me up by Pm and we will get it all sorted.

BigMick is about to start this guys, so I will have each person involved start their own log which covers their progress.

Pistachio is the other one in, unfotunately due to various circumstances we weren't able to have everyone starting at once. Results should be very interesting regardless.

Nice timing Bioflex.

I've just completed the nutritional guides for Big Mick, Candyflip and Pistachio.

Basics - calorie intake for the participants are ~30 calories per kilo of bodyweight. All nutritional intakes have been constructed to ensure all the participants are meeting at least the minimums in protein (2g/kg bodyweight) and fats (0.8g/kg bodyweight) and for the most part of well over those amounts for the individual.

It has been advised for the duration that the caloric intake and minimum protein and fats are to be met with no excessive calorie intakes (+30c/kg) for the period. That way the intangibles will be limited and some form of credibility is maintained.

Thanks Max and Candy.

Candy, don't fret, Pistachio will be starting in a while so you have at least 3 - 4 weeks to get everything done. Worst case scenario start afterwards, I would rather you run it at a different time, following a consistent diet after bloods than leaving out either of those factors.

I'm in, but having real trouble getting a testosterone-approved lot of Bloods done. My regular GP was hopeless. :mad:

Mate I can't see the problem, have you actually asked for it, or are you beating around the bush??

I just went to my local medical centre, seen the doc and said I want these tests done, she asked why, I said because I want to find out what my levels are, she again asked why, I said so I know.

Two minutes later I had a referral.:)

Mate I can't see the problem, have you actually asked for it, or are you beating around the bush??

I just went to my local medical centre, seen the doc and said I want these tests done, she asked why, I said because I want to find out what my levels are, she again asked why, I said so I know.

Two minutes later I had a referral.:)

Mick - just because you got a referral does not mean every GP will willingly do it (my experience).

Nice timing Bioflex.

I've just completed the nutritional guides for Big Mick, Candyflip and Pistachio.

Basics - calorie intake for the participants are ~30 calories per kilo of bodyweight. All nutritional intakes have been constructed to ensure all the participants are meeting at least the minimums in protein (2g/kg bodyweight) and fats (0.8g/kg bodyweight) and for the most part of well over those amounts for the individual.

It has been advised for the duration that the caloric intake and minimum protein and fats are to be met with no excessive calorie intakes (+30c/kg) for the period. That way the intangibles will be limited and some form of credibility is maintained.

Hey MB, what is the goal of this diet?

- Maintain weight, improve body composition?
- Gain muscle, minimise fat gain?
- Lose fat, minimise muscle loss?

If bodyweight increases/decreases, should we increase/decrease the calories accordingly?

Hey MB, what is the goal of this diet?

- Maintain weight, improve body composition?
- Gain muscle, minimise fat gain?
- Lose fat, minimise muscle loss?

If bodyweight increases/decreases, should we increase/decrease the calories accordingly?
The diet has no real goal other than to ensure all participants have an equal caloric intake relative to their weight so that any dietary intangibles/variables are limited and results are not in any way dietary effected more or less between participants :)

For the most part, the 30 calorie/kg range is a 'general' estimated caloric intake for weight maintenance. Yes it will not be 100% accurate in terms of weight maintenance but is in the ball park and also ensures everyone is on the field for the purpose of the trial :)

Mick - just because you got a referral does not mean every GP will willingly do it (my experience).

The doctor was questioning why I wanted it, several times, and I just insisted I wanted it done.

What do they say to you why they will not do it??? How many doc's you been to?? It does not come out of their pocket, so why would any doctor have a problem with it?? I am just trying to understand, not being critical.

Like I said my doc asked some stupid questions I just said I am here to get it done and thats it, in the end she shrugged her shoulders and wrote out the referral:p

Just go see another doctor and tell them (nicely) what you want done (as opposed to asking, asking gives them an option to say no).

Last edited:
What do they say to you why they will not do it??? How may doc's you been to?? It does not come out of their pocket, so why would any doctor have a problem with it?? I am just trying to understand, that all not being critical.

Because they're Doctors Mick, asking for a certain test is a sign to them that you think something is wrong (with your health) and so they want to know why you're asking, as they may have a better way of "fixing" your issue or diagnosing a problem. Sure it doesn't come from their bank account but it comes from the tax payers, would you like everyone in the country to be getting a blood test just coz they want to check up on something, I can only imagine it would cost quite a lot!

Well a simple blood test could have saved my fathers life, so I will insist on getting a full blood test every three years in my 40's and probably every year after that, this is my second, had these done when I turned 40, so it was time to do it again anyway, this trail just helped me to get off my butt and actually get it done.

I probably payed enough tax to cover having one every week for the rest of my life, but I hate needles so won't be doing that.

Would be happy to pay for it if I needed to, but there was no need, all covered by Medicare, if the doctors are so worried about the cost may be they should stop rorting the medicare system....

Last edited:
Well a simple blood test could have saved my fathers life, so I will insist on getting a full blood test every three years in my 40's and probably every year after that, this is my second, had these done when I turned 40, so it was time to do it again anyway, this trail just helped me to get off my butt and actually get it done.

I probably payed enough tax to cover having one every week for the rest of my life, but I hate needles so won't be doing that.

Would be happy to pay for it if I needed to, but there was no need, all covered by Medicare, if the doctors are so worried about the cost may be they should stop rorting the medicare system....

Of course in those situations its granted because you have a reason and if any doctor knew your age or family history they would jump on the idea of a blood test and if they didn't...well I'd be changing doctors quickly. If I was you I'd be getting a blood test annually (I think that is what's reccommended or maybe that's for over 50s can't remember).
I think alot of doctors try to make sure people who want a test would actually benefit from it, I'm sure other doctors like mine get sick of hypochondriacs who not only waste the doctors time but their other patients time too. I definetly wasn't having a go at you Mick.

I'm sure other doctors like mine get sick of hypochondriacs who not only waste the doctors time but their other patients time too.

I bet that could be the case, but since I hate needles with a passion (even though it does not even hurt), I would not be getting them any more than needed.

I think recommended annually after 50 or so. still have a few years to go yet:)

So, went back to my regular GP and he was rather embarrassed his colleague did not order the TEST checks the 1st time. He wrote me a new pathology request on the spot and I went right next door to Dorevitch, already fasted, and did them. And, he bulk billed me out of shame for the first cost I had suffered! ;)

So, results in 4 days time. :)

So, went back to my regular GP and he was rather embarrassed his colleague did not order the TEST checks the 1st time. He wrote me a new pathology request on the spot and I went right next door to Dorevitch, already fasted, and did them. And, he bulk billed me out of shame for the first cost I had suffered! ;)

So, results in 4 days time. :)

Finally mate, good to hear!

So the first doctor was being a peanut:p

Finally mate, good to hear!

So the first doctor was being a peanut:p

Yeah, I knew I should have waited until my regular GP was available. He's an ex North Melbourne footy club staff member and would have this request regularly, but he only works a 3 day week so I couldn't get my timing right to see him.

That's what I got for accepting a quack (the 1st time) instead. :mad:

all good in the end.