• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Tell us your best ever strength feat, and why?

spartacus

What do you think your best strength feat in terms of lifting has been thus far? Can be comp or training

yes, I will go with my 95kg snatch in comp 1982 when about 80kg.

Apart from that, 155kg power clean 1998, but on gear (98kg). did 135kg power clean without PEDs (94kg).

Lifting a full 44 gallon drum of diesel onto a landcruiser tray back by myself - that was serious fun.

a 140kg power clean/muscle clean

140kg press behind neck

185kg competition bench raw

200kg touch and go bench raw no spotter

15 x 140kg bench

15 plates leg press for a few reps knee wraps full range of motion (about 600kg I think).

Winning 2 world champs.

Pulling 700lb (318kg) in comp and 295kg x3.

Squatting over 600lb (272.5kg) in comp.

All weighing under 90.

Squatting 165kg x20

Front squatting 180kg

Winning 2 world champs.

Pulling 700lb (318kg) in comp and 295kg x3.

Squatting over 600lb (272.5kg) in comp.

All weighing under 90.

Squatting 165kg x20

Front squatting 180kg

That 20 reps is savage, was it part of a workout?

That 20 reps is savage, was it part of a workout?

Just off season training after worlds 2012.
My training partner and I did them for 6-8 weeks to give our joints a break.

He did 197.5x20, then next week 200x19. Collapsed on the 20th.

It's hard to pick one but the 600lb, 272.5kg deadlift at 75kg has to be at the top followed by the 171kg front squat and also the 380kg shrug I did back when I was natural

I haven't done anything I consider strong really.
280kg Deadlift last August is probably my best effort, and maybe squatting 195kg x 3x3 late last year.

I'm going to give 1 hand a go next session.

Stan Efferding did 227.5 for a double with 1 hand, though he used straps.