• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

tell me what you think?

Cbzz

Hey everyone my names Corey I am 17 years old, My height is 6ft and weight is 58 kg.
i have been training for 6 months i am currently injured i start going back to the gym in 3 weeks here is my workout routine and diet plan read it and tell me what you think about.

Monday: Legs
4 sets of Squats 6 to 8 reps
4 sets of Leg press 8 to 10 reps
4 sets of Leg extension 10 to 12 reps
4 sets of Leg Curls 10 to 12 reps
4 sets of Calve Raisers 6 to 8 reps

Tuesday: Chest
4 sets of Flat Benchpress 6 to 8 reps
4 sets of Incline Dumbbell Benchpress 6 to 8 reps
4 sets of Flat Dumbbell Benchpress 6 to 8 reps
4 sets of Incline Flies 6 to 8 reps
4 sets of Cables 6 to 8 reps

Wednesday:Shoulders and Triceps
3 sets of Dumbbell Lying Rear Lateral Raise 6 to 8 reps
4 sets of Dumbbell Shoulder Press 6 to 8 reps
3 sets of External Rotation with Cable 6 to 8 reps
3 sets of Front Dumbbell Raisers 6 to 8 reps
3 sets of Standing Military Press 6 to 8 reps
3 sets of Close-Grip Barbell Bench Press 6 to 8 reps
3 sets of Skullcrushers 6 to 8 reps
3 sets of Seated Triceps Press 6 to 8 reps
3 sets of Standing Bent Over One Arm Dumbbell Triceps Extension 6 to 8 reps
4 sets of Triceps Pushdown 6 to 8 reps

Thrusday: Back and Biceps
4 sets of DeadLifts 6 to 8 reps
3 sets of LatPulldowns 6 to 8 reps
3 sets of Bent over rows 6 to 8 reps
3 sets of Cable Seated rows 6 to 8 reps
3 sets of Dumbbell Bentover rows 6 to 8 reps
3 sets of Hammer Curls 6 to 8 reps
3 sets of Seated Dumbbell Curls 6 to 8 reps
3 sets of Preacher Curls 6 to 8 reps
3 sets of Reverse barbell curls 6 to 8 reps

Saturday: All Body
3 sets of Benchpress 5 reps
3 sets of Squats 5 reps
3 sets of Deadlifts 5 reps
3 sets of Clean and Jerk 5 reps

i don't really have a diet plan at the moment i pretty much just eat anything i can but most the time i eat pasta, potatoes mashed up with mixed vegetables and stuff like rice with chicken or tuna and vegetables and i eat roughly every 2 to 3 hours from when i get up to when i go to sleep.

i would like to say one more thing i started to do this November last year, i gained a solid 7 kg and i injured myself in February and im still recovering from it now i haven't been to the gym in close to 2 months now I've stop eating lost what i had gained im planning on starting to train again soon, by the way all the exercisers aren't in order.

Last edited:
Shoulders are gonna get screwed.

Need better spread between squat and deadlift

Eat more food.

Looks shithouse

Dude! ... That's a little harsh! :eek:

Cuzzbuzz -

* What are your goals?
* Are they sports specific?
* What is your injury? i.e. was it from the gym or other sports?
* How did this current program evolve?

At 6ft and 58kgs you're pretty lean.

You're workout plan (Wed. and Thurs.) looks very full-on and dense - hitting some body-parts more than once a week with minimal recovery or rest. You can probably pull this off for quite some time given your age.

As for diet, without knowing the finer details, I would say you're doing ok for a kid of 17. You're still growing and as long as your eating regularly and avoiding excessive sat. fats and sugars you'll be all good. ;)

Your 17 and asked about 'roids in another thread.
C'mon young fella, how about getting a few years of hard training in first.

Ham is not far wrong.

What do you think about this?

Ripp is influenced by (like many) Bill Starr.

Whatever the goal....
The general message To biulding a good base of strength is as old as dirt, fads come and go, at the end of the day you need to first pay your dues under the bar.

I think everyone needs to just stick with the mains points;

1. One exercise for two or more muscles.

Not the other way around.
This alone will reduce the volume of your routine to something that you can grow on. Reductions in volume are NOT so that you are doing less work.
The reduction in volume is so you can train harder.
If you are training to the maximum level of intensity, you will only be capable of this level of effort through a reduction in volume. You cannot train hard and train long.

2. Have a “Key-stone Exercise” that you are focusing on, and pour your attention into it.

Variations of squats, deadlifts, cleans, pulls, or odd lifts are best for this.
Primary work should be to the leg/hip/lower back structures.

3. Keep isolation work for muscles out of the picture entirely.

4. Don’t overlap with your “Key-stone Exercise.”

Hard work on the biggest exercise in your routine shouldn’t be compromised by adding a bunch of exercises that have less of an effect than simply applying yourself to the big one.

5. One to three work sets TOPS.

One or two is probably best if you are training hard enough. That may be in the scheme of simply one set, or in a 5 x 5 routine, with some sets as warmups.

6. Don’t change routines all the time.

Try to think of an exercise as a skill you are learning. You need to become good at the exercise, so stick with it for a while! Changing routines doesn’t give your body a chance to adapt to the one you are working on, and isn’t adaptation what you are after? After a long period on the routine you may need a change, but you will know when that time has come.

Your 17 and asked about 'roids in another thread.
C'mon young fella, how about getting a few years of hard training in first.

... Ohhh really? ... Yeah mate, gotta agree here ; I myself am just considering them now and I'm twice your age bud.

The advice you read in threads about 'waiting til you're over 22 years' and 'getting at least 5 SOLID years of training under your belt' is not there to simply put up barriers or exclude people.

It's simply because people (generally) don't want younger, in-experienced people to do damage to themselves. Steroids and their users already have a bad enough image in general without some poor young fulla such as yourself permanently shutting down his testosterone production prematurely for example.

Work on your injury recovery, diet and training ethics mate and the rest will follow. ;)

It's tempting to take what appears to be the easy way, but you need to test your 'genetic ceiling' first. This won't happen for at least another few years as you're still growing.

Welcome Corey
From a glance mate way too much stuff going on there with too many exercises.
Your enthusiasm is admirable however, at your age, weight and level of experience forget about that sort of split routine and training 6 days a week.

Think about doing a full body routine 2 or maybe 3 days a week at the most while eating well and getting plenty of sleep.
There are plenty of other exercises and combinations that can be performed later on down the track but just as an example this would be a good start, giving you a heavy, light and medium day.

Challenge yourself and try to add 2.5kg to the bar every week or two or whenever possible on the big lifts, less on the smaller lifts.
Rest about 2min between sets
Forget about the steroids

Monday
Squat 3 sets 6-10 reps
Deadlift 1 set 5reps
Barbell Bench Press 3 sets 6-8 reps
Standing Barbell Overhead Press 3 sets 6-8 reps

Wednesday
Leg Press 2 sets 15 reps
Paralell Bar Dips 2 sets to failure
Lat Pull Down or Pull Ups 2 sets to failure
Barbell Curl 2 sets 15 reps
Dumbell Rear Laterals 2 sets 15 reps

Friday
Squat 1 set 20 reps
Dumbbell Bench Press 3 sets 8 to 10 reps
Bent Over Row 3 sets 8 to 10 reps
Romanian Deadlift 2 sets 8 to 10 reps
Seated Dumbbell Press 3 sets 8 to 10 reps
French Press 2 sets 8 to 10 reps
Barbell Curl 2 sets 8 to 10 reps

Go with Darkoz program mate.
That one you have will bore you out of your mind before long.

Corey, at your tender age you need to hit it hard and then rest it hard. So to simplify my response to your very detailed existing training routine I will say the following:

Monday (Legs): Good! Don't change. Ya can't overtrain legs but keep the form good: deep squats rule!
Tuesday (Chest): Less. Two pressing exercises (eg, incline bench press and decline bench press) and one fly exercise. Finish the workout with triceps (no more than 4 sets). Total around 16 - 18 sets.
Wednesday: Rest!
Thursday (Back and biceps): No more than 16 sets total for back (include deadlifts before pulldowns). Finish with no more than 4 sets of biceps (they'll be exhausted by then anyway).
Friday: Rest!
Saturday: Repeat Monday (i.e. legs).
Sunday: Repeat Tuesday (i.e. chest and tris).
Monday: Repeat Wednesday (i.e. rest!).
Tuesday: Repeat Thursday (i.e. back and bis)

Get the picture? Less is more and think of the big picture: two to three years of this heavy, compound movemet, simple shit and you'll gmake good natural gains. Be patient and don't give up!

yeah it's a bit hard trying to take all this in as one yes i was asking about roids doesn't mean im on them or thinking about taking them, yes i know my routine is poor that's why i posted on here.

is there any other routine's i could possibly copy?

and what about my diet?
Meal 1
Cereal with a Protein shake and multivitamins, Fisholis ect.
Meal 2
Butter Chicken with Brown Rice
Meal 3
Pasta with a Protein Shake
Meal 4
Pre-workout meal
Chicken breast with Sweet potato and potato mixed with Cauliflower, Broccoli , Peas and Corn.
Meal 5
Kangaroo with Sweet potato and potato mixed with Cauliflower, Broccoli, Peas and Corn.
Meal 6
Pasta with a Protein shake or Greek style yogurt mixed with Protein Powder with 1 and half cups of mixed berries and 2 table spoon of Extra Virgin olive oil.

all looks good, but explain the butter chicken? You can just have chicken breast or even a bagel can be thrown in somewhere

From your other thread

Believe what you want but it's for a mate, roids are the go im afraid Bazza just don't see myself lifting all natty just for slow progress and shitting gains my motivation will stop for lifting even before i put on weight.

Just give up. You'll get nowhere. Take up something youll atleast feel motivated to do. Like knitting, breeding cats or stamp collecting.

Last edited: